Maryland Babies
Options

Sinai vs. GBMC

This is my first baby and my OB/GYN delivers at both Sinai and GMBC... and she believes that both are great hospitals. Before I go and tour, does anyone have any expereinces or preferences that i should keep in mind.? 
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sinai vs. GBMC

• Options

I had my last son at Sinai--he was 7 weeks premature, but I never worried about his care.  (I had my first son at Maryland General and would NEVER do it again.  He had jaundice and was put back into the hospital for a week and I worried about his care every day.)  I had a great experience there, plus they have a brand new labor/delivery wing! 

Not to mention that the cafeteria is actually decent if you DO end up with a baby that must stay longer than you.  We had to eat dinner there every night for 5 weeks with our 2 1/2 year old son while our preemie was in the NICU.  Sounds like a small thing, but it isn't if you're there day and night!

I'm delivering there this time around again and I'm very excited.

• Options
    I delievered at Sinai and had a great experience. The nurses were wonderful. and like pp said, they have a great NICU and maternal fetal medicine program.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm delivering @ GBMC, based on location from my house, and the great reviews I've heard
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I may be biased because my mom delivered both my brother and I at GBMC and because I have the same ob/gyn who delivered me, I will probably be delivering there. I also might have an internship there. So I would not be good at giving ypu adivce
  • Options

GBMC's c-section rate is twice that of Sinai and they have twice as many rooms at GBMC.  I think this should factor in to your calculation.  I was allowed to labor for more than a day and half without even so much as a mention of a c-section at Sinai.  My understanding is that GMBC pushes for a section much much sooner.

You should definitely check into that if not having a c-section is important to you at all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    do gbmc take  medical assistance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"