Breastfeeding

Do I need a nursing bra at the hospital?

Or do I wait until after the baby is born to buy a bra? Please suggest your favorite nursing bra...

Re: Do I need a nursing bra at the hospital?

• I like all of the Medela products without underwire.  :)
  • I got a few from Motherhood and one from Target and the Target one is by far the best ever!  I love the tank personally.
    I did wear mine in the hospital.
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Loading the player...
  • get a nursing tank from Target initally.

but i didn't bother with it at the hospital. i was in the gown the entire time. GL

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I used a nursing tank at the hospital and it was great.  Very comfortable.  I got mine from Target.
  • I wore my nursing bra underneath my hospital gown so I didn't flash everyone through the little slits.   I was very glad to have it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I bought this bra before going to the hospital to have my son.  I bought it because it looked comfortable enough to sleep in, didn't come in cup sizes (so I could more easily guess my size), and exposed your entire breast, or both at a time if necessary.  It ended up working very well.

The nice things about wearing a bra at the hospital - for one thing, a hospital gown rubbing against sore nipples is excrutiating!!!  Wearing a bra (or nursing tank) keeps things from rubbing, ouch!!  Also, since my nipples were sore the lactation consultant gave me nipple shields, and you need to be wearing something to hold those in place.

I will definitely be bringing that bra with me next time :o)

• I wore a target nursing tank at the hospital for a bit, but I really loved wearing my sports bra type nursing bras at the hospital.  It looks like a sports bra, but you can fold each side down around your breast.  I personally loved having the bra on...nothing rubbing against my sore nipples.  Also, I wish I would have worn my breast pad things at the hospital-I think that would have helped with soreness. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also wore my hospital gown the entire time. Before I left the hospital I had the LC fit me with a Bravado nursing bra. They are awesome! Super comfortable. I also like the nursing tanks from Target to wear around the house.?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Not really, but some people feel more comfy with them on.

If you're not too large (DD or less) get a nursing tank from Target.

If you're large chested and the nursing tanks at Target seem laughably tiny and wouldn't even fit you pre-pg (like me), I highly recommedn a Bravado bra or other "sleep bra".

I would not buy a structure nursing bra before the baby is born.

- Jena
  • imagesweetpea7628:
    I used a nursing tank at the hospital and it was great.  Very comfortable.  I got mine from Target.

Ditto this. But suggest going with a larger size than you'd normally wear - I got a Medium and definitely needed a Large once my milk came in.

• Personally I love nursing tanks. I like the fact that they cover my stomach while I'm nursing. I wore them in the hospital, starting the day after all my kids were born because my nipples were so sore!
  • I'd suggest a nursing tank for the hospital...you can get them at Target. However my fav. nursing bras are by Bravado, the medela ones are nice as well.
  • I wore Target nursing tanks and big ole' mens' pajama bottoms when I was in the hospital, but was done with wearing hospital gowns. It worked out really well.
    The Girl is 5. The Boy is 2. The Dog is 1.

imageimage

I am the 99%.
  • Ditto the Target nursing tank.  Love those!  I just bought a nice bra yesterday, at almost 6 weeks.  I read to wait to invest a lot of money in bras until you're sure it's going to work and that you've got a good supply, around 6 weeks.  At first, I bought some bras at Target that I liked that were inexpensive and a Medela sleep bra.  Yesterday, I bought a Bravado Seamless Silk one and LOVE it, but I would wait a while to buy one until you're sure of your size.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"