Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Finally gone

In-laws called on Thursday and asked if they could come visit for the weekend.  I probably could have said no, especially since I had to work all weekend, but I'm a chicken and said yes.

BIL came with them and now my house smells like cigarettes (just from him, I don't think he was smoking inside...) and I am exhausted because I couldn't sleep last night because he was drunk and was watching the TV loudly, laughing loudly, snoring loudly, and coming and going all through the night.  He recently had an episode where he almost burnt down IL's house because he passed out while cooking soup and the pot caught on fire.  So I was paranoid that he was going to do something stupid.

He is *not* supposed to be drinking, but after ILs went to bed he walked to 7-11 and bought something and drank it on the way home, DH found the bottle outside and he reeked of alcohol when he came home.

And I don't feel like I can say anything, because it is like walking on ice with what you can say to him (he is also schizophrenic).

It was an exhausting weekend and I'm glad it is over. :-(  This is an ongoing dilemma, whether we go to their house or they come here, and I don't really know what to do about it.

Peru!
imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Finally gone

• I really don't have any advice, now you have your house back to yourself.  Hopefully you get some sleep tonight!

Married 05/27/07 ~ Emilee Lucille born 04/01/08 ~ Ella Marie 2/15/12 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That sounds like an interesting weekend. I'm sure you're glad to have your house back.  Is it warm enough to open your windows to let the smoke smell air out?
    DD#1 4/3/2008 TTC in 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow. I am glad you have your house back. I must say that I feel sorry for your ILs who have a full time job of babysitting an adult. That is not easy. My aunt is in a similar situation. I hope you get some rest today!
  • imageGM&DG:
    Wow. I am glad you have your house back. I must say that I feel sorry for your ILs who have a full time job of babysitting an adult. That is not easy. My aunt is in a similar situation. I hope you get some rest today!

I feel awful for them.  They have so few options, and since he is an adult they are limited in what they can do re: medical care, etc.  They've had to call the police several times to get him taken either to jail or the hospital because they have no other option.

Peru!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"