New York Babies
Options

Writer hoping you'd like to share your birth story in a book

Hi, my name is Cathy. I'm a 32-year-old mom of three girls aged five and under with a fourth mystery-gender baby due in September. I care for them at home and spend about half my time scrubbing crayon off the wall and the other half thinking I should be able to come up with better ways to discourage coloring on the wall.

I'm here because I'm also a writer with a book in the works that describes various childbirth approaches (such as homebirth, epidural, Lamaze, water birth, c-section, birth centers) followed by several first person birth stories by moms who have seen how different philosophies play out in real life. So far over 100 women have agreed to participate. My website, www(dot)catherinebusinelle(dot)com gives more details about the book and about me.

The reason I'm poking my chubby butt into your forums is because my literary agent suggested that, before she starts sending my book proposal out this month, I seek some New York City moms interested in sharing their stories. She feels that might appeal to NYC publishers and editors.

Would you be interested in telling your story, helping women learn more about the kind of birth you experienced (or warning them that you didn't like it), and seeing your words in print?

If so, I would be so grateful for your help! Just email me for info at 101birthstories(at)mail(dot)com or through the "Contact" link at the above website.

(To the forum admins: I wasn't sure how you'd feel about my posting this since it's a solicitation for sharing and not money, but please feel free to remove it if you feel it's too self-serving or violates your rules. I couldn't quite figure out who to ask before posting and figured you could easily delete it if it's inappropriate. Thanks!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"