3rd Trimester
Options

A couple of PSA's from a new mom

I remember seeing lots of helpful PSA's when I was on this board, and thought these might be of interest to some of you.... 

1. Regarding internals- don't get discouraged if you have made little to no progress at your first internal. I had my first one done a day before I turned 39 weeks and was only 50% effaced and "almost" 1 cm....my water broke the next morning and our baby came that day!

2. Regarding your post-pregnancy vag- (for those of you who deliver vaginally): no matter how curious you are do NOT look at your vagina in a mirror after delivery. I did this on day 5 post-partum and cried. I was in shock. Do not do this, it will do you no good.

Just thought I would share!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A couple of PSA's from a new mom

• Options
    imagecubsfan1:

I remember seeing lots of helpful PSA's when I was on this board, and thought these might be of interest to some of you.... 

1. Regarding internals- don't get discouraged if you have made little to no progress at your first internal. I had my first one done a day before I turned 39 weeks and was only 50% effaced and "almost" 1 cm....my water broke the next morning and our baby came that day!

2. Regarding your post-pregnancy vag- (for those of you who deliver vaginally): no matter how curious you are do NOT look at your vagina in a mirror after delivery. I did this on day 5 post-partum and cried. I was in shock. Do not do this, it will do you no good.

Just thought of another one regarding water breaking- it can come out as a slow trickle...mine did and I almost disregarded it...if you have any questions a

bout
  • Options
    imagecubsfan1:

Just thought of another one regarding water breaking- it can come out as a slow trickle...mine did and I almost disregarded it...if you have any questions a

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecubsfan1:
    imagecubsfan1:

bout

Ok don't know what happened...if you have any questions about it-- go get it checked out--

• Options

Indifferent to #2.

I hadn't even thought about that.  I'm worried enough about my post-prego belly and seeing the stretch-mark damage.   Thanks for the warning.

• Options
    Thanks for the tips!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecubsfan1:

no matter how curious you are do NOT look at your vagina in a mirror after delivery.

Yes  I'm all over this one.

Thanks for the tips! I'll try to keep #1 in mind - I know that I would personally find that discouraging. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG to #2...You have guts to do that...I don't think I could ever convince myself to look downthere so soon.  That is def on my 'not to do' list...
  • Options
    I didn't even think about going there, but thanks for the warning.
  • Options

imagelkaylee721:
    OMG to #2...You have guts to do that...I don't think I could ever convince myself to look downthere so soon.  That is def on my 'not to do' list...

It was not guts. It was stupidity. I was still in pain and didn't think I should have been (stupid thought #1) and was thinking maybe I ripped a stitch so thought I would look to check it out (stupidest thought ever).

• Options

i am a curious person, probably def. would've looked, but now i won't thanks to you!?

and wow, to #1, i am 37wks5days and was just at my appt. ?i am measuring exactly ?the same... if someone were to tell me i'd be having a baby tomorrow, i wouldn't believe them. ?but i would also be ecstatic!?

• Options
    imagecubsfan1:

imagelkaylee721:

It was not guts. It was stupidity. I was still in pain and didn't think I should have been (stupid thought #1) and was thinking maybe I ripped a stitch so thought I would look to check it out (stupidest thought ever).

It's not THAT stupid. My SIL was just telling me a horrific story about finding out she was allergic to the stitches used to close up her epist. She really should have looked down there...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Whew, #2 sounds dangerous, thanks for the tips!

• Options
    Thank you for #1; I needed that!
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"