Health & Exercise

Vegan Breastfeeding Mamas?

I started eating vegan before I was pregnant and my daughter is almost 8 months. We are still breastfeeding strong, which I intend to encourage until she is ready to wean herself. I am wondering if there are any other moms that are planning on raising their kids without animal products and what types of fun finger food did you offer?

Re: Vegan Breastfeeding Mamas?

• hi there! I am a veggie mama (well pescetarian actually, still eating seafood) but am working my way towards vegan. My son reacts to dairy so I am trying to cut it out, but finding it a bit hard.
    Anyways, everyone asks if I'm raising Colt to be a vegetarian as well and when I say I am, I get the most disgusted looks, like somehow that means I won't be feeding him properly.
    We are just entering the world of cereals and solids so it should be fun seeing soon what he likes and doesn't.
    I'm interested to see if any other posters reply to this thread. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    violet (01.06.2011) & colt (09.27.08)
    expecting surprise baby no.3 may 3rd
  • Hi. I have a four and a half year old. We are vegan. and she does eat small amounts of dairy. There is a book  Raising Vegan Children in a non vegan world. I found it helpful.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so tired of people's looks!! I'm not yet pregnant but I am a vegeatrian. We're going tos tart trying in November - but everytime I say that people go "Oh so you won't be vegeatrain anymore" and when I say I still will be they almost come close to making comments about me not being able to stay pregnant! It's so rude and hurtful!!! I'm very healthy now and I would eat whatever a Dr. told me to to keep a healthy baby, but why do people have to judge what they don't understand!! Ok... I'm done venting now!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"