TTC After a Loss

Stupid DNA video

I'm suppose to be typing grade card comments, but had to come lurk and vent about the stupid video we watched today.  We had an assembly today for grades 4-8.  We watched a short video about DNA and how it all works and is miraculous, blah blah, how the chromosomes all know how to connect, that kind of stuff.  I just sat there and kept thinking, but Miller's didn't connect right, his didn't work.  Then the guy running the assembly had to point out the pg teacher and talk about how the baby's cells are dividing and growing and how it's chromosomes are forming etc.  I just felt sick.  I know DNA is so awesome, but today it just struck a nerve with me.
imageimage
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks

Re: Stupid DNA video

• Same nerve was struck with me yesterday when I was reading out of a Health textbook to a kid about the female reproductive system. "Women have their menstural cycle every 28 days" Pshaw, if ONLY! Sorry you had a rough day of it, sweetie.
  • Sorry! I know they oversimplify and teach kids the way things are "supposed to" work, but they never mention that things aren't failsafe!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTonya_G:
    Same nerve was struck with me yesterday when I was reading out of a Health textbook to a kid about the female reproductive system. "Women have their menstural cycle every 28 days" Pshaw, if ONLY! Sorry you had a rough day of it, sweetie.

28 days!  Isn't that funny.  The only time mine is 28 days is when it's a medicated cycle.  I remember being taught that and thinking, how screwed up must I be?

imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"