Health & Exercise

Going Organic

A book I read said Earth's Best baby food is the best choice for jarred/boxed if you go that route versus making your own.  I will be making my own but want to have some jars for "in case" situations.  Plus the book suggested started with boxed rice cereal as it is broken down for easier digestion.  Any thoughts?

Also, where is the best place to start for going organic with my diet?  Dairy, veggies, etc.?

Praying this little one sticks!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Going Organic

• You might want to cross post this in the Eco-Friendly Family community for more suggestions, but you could start by looking up the "organic dirty dozen" on Google to help you decide which items you want to incorporate as organic.

I like to do all animal products as organic if possible (eggs, milk, meats, etc). Free-range/Cage-free chicken or eggs would be best.

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I like Earth's Best if I can't make my own. There are minimal ingredients, which I value.I would start with meat, dairy and veggies (dirty dozen). Personally, I am a vegan, so I totally cut out all animal products, which helps a lot with saving money on organic meats and dairy, and allows that money to go towards more nutritious sources of protein (and cheaper). I would also recommend only buying organic soy products, as most non-organic soy products are genetically modified.
  • Loading the player...
  • This book is VERY informative. It breaks down what is most important to buy organic, what is fine not to, and everything in between>

https://www.amazon.com/Buy-Not-Organic-Healthiest-Earth-Friendly/dp/1569242682/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236910255&sr=8-1

Healthy Times and Organic Baby are 2 other jarred organic baby food brands that are good. They are sold at my local "Natural Food type" store. DS loves those as well as EB and some Gerber Organic (mainly the prunes, carrots and applesauce) I actually prefer Healthy Times or Gerber Organic over Earth's Best for Rice Cereal. EB's is an odd consistency. EB Oatmeal and Multi grain are great though. Amazon sometimes sells these at a great price in bulk, as well as Diapers.com. BRU has a great EB variety too.

I buy most of our organic food at our local Stop and Shop or Shaw's. Also, local farmer's markets are great to look into. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"