Maryland Babies

OB/GYNs and hospitals in the Annapolis Area?

Could anyone recommend an Ob/Gyn in the Annapolis area?  Also what hospital would you recommend?

Thank you!

Re: OB/GYNs and hospitals in the Annapolis Area?

• Anne Arundel Medical Center is in Annapolis.  I hear it is a very good hospital.  Also Annapolis Ob/Gyn Associates was recommended to me, but I havent went to my first appt. yet.
  • Anne Arundel Medical Center is a great hospital!! I previously went to Annapolis Ob/Gyn but there are SO many different doctors and I hated being on hold FOREVER whenever I called. I'm now going to Women's Health Care Associates located at the hospital and have really liked them so far. They were really great about checking blood work and staying on top fo things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto PP's on AAMC- it's a great hospital. Wonderful nurses and a great facility.

I went to Annapolis OB-GYN- I didn't have a bad experience, in that I had a healthy baby, but I wish things had gone a little differently than they had.  I was forced to schedule an induction and I wish I hadn't been.  I am not sure if I am going to go back to Annapolis OB-GYN or not- I really liked the doctor that I delivered with, but I really feel that I was rail-roaded into being induced, when it was something that I had expressed from the very beginning a fear of- I was 41 w and 4 days- I had 3 more days, I had no swelling, no protein in my urine, no reason to have to be induced when I was other than scheduling and I felt it should have been handled differently.

I will probably be interviewing with the Bay Area Midwives for future care. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I go to Annapolis OB/GYN, and yes - they do keep you on hold forever when you call.  And they do have a lot of docs, but the phone staff always does their best to make sure I see the same doc all the time.  I like them!
  • I go to Chesapeake Women's Care at Wayson's Pavilion across from AAMC and I will deliver at AAMC. This practice so far has been great! I am 5 months tomorrow and have never had an issue with getting an appointment, calling the nurse, or being on hold for more then 5 minutes. It is a smaller practice with only 5 doctors.

https://www.chesapeakewomenscare.com/

• Chesapeake Women's Care OBGYN are awesome!  And I delivered my twins at Anne Arundel Medical Center.  AAMC has a level III NICU which is excellent.  I love the staff there and every experieince I've had there has been wonderful.  My boys spen 68 days in the NICU and as traumatic an experiene as it is having micro preemies, I would recommend them in a heartbeat over any place else.  If your baby needs surgery then they will be sent to JHU or U of MD or Holy Cross because they have level IV NICUs but AAMC is soooo much nicer.  I also had my gallbladder removed at AAMC and had a good experience too.
  • Per a good friend's recommendation, AAMC w/ Chesapeake Women's Care.  My GF loves the practice, esp. Dr. Penn.  She moved to Northern VA and still had her 3rd baby there b/c she loved them so much.  Personally, I have no experience with either the hospital or doctors, but completely trust her opinion.  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"