1st Trimester

Bleeding/spotting after Bowel Movement (kind of TMI)

hey girls!! Iam about 4 or 5 weeks.

I just got my BFP last thurs 3/5, my OB appt isn't till April 2, but yesterday I had a bowel movement and I started bleeding (out of vagina) and then spotting the rest of the day. It started out red/pink then turned into pink/nude color. This is my 1st pregnancy so I am so nervous and scared. I was constipated and I have IBS, so I had to strain to go to the bathroom.I did call the nurse and she put me on pelvic rest and then take it easy so I have been doing this and the spotting as stopped.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and gone on to have a normal/healthy pregnancy?

Also, i took a $ store test again today it is sooo light i can barely see the line. sorry one more question, does any ones legs ache bad, if I keep them elevated they stop hurting, but as soon as I get up they start aching again.

Re: Bleeding/spotting after Bowel Movement (kind of TMI)

• no idea about the leg aches but I've been told not to strain....drink lots of juice (100% pure juice), lots of water and to let it come naturally....I was constipated for 9 days and after 4 of them doing all the drinking of fluids it was able to come out a lot easier with no straining, just a little pushing to get over that first hump (ewwww...sorry, didn't know how else to put it!)  Are you still spotting now or has it gone away....just keep your feet up and take it easy!!  Good luck!!
  • thank you so much for your reply!!

yeah since i have been taking it easy and keeping my feet up the bleeding is gone. I am just so scared and nervous, even though I know I should not worry cause it can make it worse. It is just so hard being my 1st pregnancy!!

haha the way you put your answer was great!Big Smile

Thank you again, i have started drinking alot more and the nurse told me to buy some citracil so i am taking that too!!

• Loading the player...
  • I've been through this. First of all, the spotting you're seeing is normal, and can be caused  by the uterus stretching and/or dehydration, so drink a ton of water. More so than the 64oz that is recommended.

I have IBS and Colitis also, and I have been fine, I had the same spotting as you only darker at about 10 weeks and my doctor determined it was from dehydration, which was a result of my said IBS.

• It happened to me twice after a normal BM during weeks 6-8...would have pink-red bleeding that turned brown. You did the right thing calling the nurse and having rest. I've been fine since and will be 14 weeks tomorrow, so hang in there. It happens to a lot of us, I think.

DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm glad to hear that the bleeding has stopped!!  I also forgot to say my doctor said to take coalace (stool softener) and/or Milk of Magnesia.....

I understand how nerve racking it is....I had a bad bleed 3 weeks ago, passed a clot the size of 2 half dollars lying side by side.....thought it was all over....thank goodness all was well and as of yesterday, we got to hear the heartbeat, all is still well.  Try to think positive thoughts and take it easy....hoping you have a happy and healthy 9 months!!  How far along are you??

• never mind...i'm an idiot, I forgot you had said 4-5 weeks!!  Pregnancy brain!!!!
  • haha I have been having preggo brain too!!!

I am so happy that everything turned out ok for you!! I am glad you got to see your baby and heartbeat and everything was fine! I bet you were scared, i would have freaked cause i am just freaking over just a little spotting.

Thank you so much for you reassurance and replys, it really helps to not feel so lost and alone with all of this pregnancy stuff!

I also wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!! When do you get to find out the sex?

• imageLeenie_89:

I've been through this. First of all, the spotting you're seeing is normal, and can be caused  by the uterus stretching and/or dehydration, so drink a ton of water. More so than the 64oz that is recommended.

I have IBS and Colitis also, and I have been fine, I had the same spotting as you only darker at about 10 weeks and my doctor determined it was from dehydration, which was a result of my said IBS.

Thank you so much for your reply! It really makes me feel better about the spotting. I think the dehydration part is also why I might have been spotting, i don't think i was drinking enough, she told me 10 glasses and I had only been drinking 5, so yesterday all I did was drink lots and lots of water!! Yeah the IBS i know does not help with the dehydration, so I guess I will have to pay attention to that.

I am glad to hear everything is fine with your pregnancy after your spotting.

I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!!

• imagemelly918:

It happened to me twice after a normal BM during weeks 6-8...would have pink-red bleeding that turned brown. You did the right thing calling the nurse and having rest. I've been fine since and will be 14 weeks tomorrow, so hang in there. It happens to a lot of us, I think.

Thank you so much for you reply!! It really makes me feel so much better and not so alone with this spotting. I am glad to hear everything turned out fine with your spotting. So do you get to find out the sex soon??

• I have ibs too and only five weeks along and ive been spotting after a bowl movement im worried to but my doctor said not to worry cause it is way to soon . they haven't seen a baby yet..
  • no it wasn't five years ago its now by the way

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"