3rd Trimester

Numbness-tingling upper belly?

I have a call in with the OB nurse, but I felt so silly calling with the following concern/question.  Since Saturday I've been feeling a localized small spot of numbness/tingling on my upper belly (like that feeling if your hand/foot 'falls asleep').  It's almost smack dab in the middle, right below my bra line/near the top of my ribcage.  I notice it a lot more when I'm sitting.  Google led me to one message board that gave me a little respite - it's just some nerves getting pinched/squashed by my LO's feet or nerves being stretched from my ribcage expanding.  My belly has grown quite a bit in the last 1-2 weeks, so I can see how this would be related.

Anyone experience this?  I'm also battling the worse heartburn/reflux AND I'm out of Zantac.  So I've got a burning/numb/tingling midsection.  Lovely!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Numbness-tingling upper belly?

• Yes, I have been experiencing this for weeks. I asked my Dr. about it and he said it's perfectly normal - skin is just stretching. No need to worry. :)
    Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have these exact feelings too.  It drives me crazy bc it hurts so bad sometimes.  Also, my dr told me to take Pepcid AC for the heartburn/acid reflux, etc.  It works WAY BETTER than Tums.  At least for me it did.  I have never had acid reflux this bad in my life and Pepcid AC has been a good relief.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had this EXACT thing.  first it was numbness, and I thought it was strange - but my doc said it was normal when I brought it up.  then it started to become painful, but nothing big, so I didn't really pay attention.  Then later, it felt like my muscles were tearing apart in that region!  Some days it really gets to me - especially if I am sitting a lot.  I just have to take a second and stretch out for a little bit and move around.  I talked to my doc about the pain, and she pretty much said I was SOL until the baby was here.  :-/  It has gotten better in the last week or so, though - I don't know if that is due to the baby probably starting to get lower, now, or what, but I am glad!!!

Edit:  I have had reflux, and this does not feel like what I normally feel reflux is.  And it's a pain right below my underwire on my bra on the right side only.  My skin kind of feels bruised to the touch sometimes, too.  :-(  Sometimes, I feel like I can kind of massage away the pain in that area when it gets to be too bad.  Sometimes the baby kicks it, too - which is NOT fun and makes it worse. 

• i have the same thing.  it's right under my right boob and it's tingly and numb whenever i sit or lay.  the only time i don't feel it is when i stand because the uterus isn't pressing on that nerve.  it's not painful really, just a really pain in the butt, like you said, like when your leg or something falls asleep, that's exactly how it is.  i complained to my OB about it, knowing that there's nothing that can be done, i just felt like complaining and he said, well, you'll just have to deal with it.  it makes sleeping next to impossible on either side.  just think, it will soon be over.
  • I had this more so in the middle of my 2nd trimester - it would feel weird if I scratched it, etc.  - It doesn't feel like that anymore....I have no idea what it was..sorry I'm no help!
    imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"