Colorado Babies

If you are thinking of a doula, try...

Hi,

DH and I just interviewed 2 great doulas:

Terri Burleson with Colorado Caring Doulas, www.coloradocaringdoulas.com

Whitney Nichols with Birth First Doula, www.birthfirstdoula.vpweb.com

Our birth class instructor and doctor recommended having a doula because they decrease the chances of induction and c-section. And they are there to support me and DH during the birth as a coach to help with breathing, positions and considering options. Both Terri and Whitney support medicated and non-medicated births, so they don't pressure you to go "natural" without an epidural. I'm planning on a epidural. They both spent almost 1.5 hours with us during the free interview and came to our home.

We liked both of these doulas and went with Terri, but based on the interview I'd also recommend Whitney. Both are certified with DONA.

Just thought I'd pass along info in case anyone else is considering a doula.

-Carroll

Re: If you are thinking of a doula, try...

• Thank you so much Carroll! ?I am looking for a doula, and have not started looking yet. ?It's great to hear some positive feedback.

Best of luck!?

• Kim Taylor, www.birthskirt.blogspot.com

AWESOME!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers JAN09-Oct09: TTC Naturally. OCT09: HSG- Normal NOV09: Round 1 Clomid 50mg CD5-9= BFN DEC09: Round 2 Clomid 100mg CD5-9= BFN JAN10: Round 3 Clomid 100mg CD3-7= BFN FEB10: Round 4 Clomid 150mg CD5-9= BFN SA= 120 million, 54% Motility, 7% Morphology. JUN10: Round 5 Clomid, IUI, unsuccessful. JUL10: DONE & FED UP. OCT10: Started Integrative Reiki Energy Therapy. NOV 05, 2010: BFP! SEPT 20, 2012: BFP! More Reiki and Baby Z #2 is on his way! Due May 29, 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm curious - how much does a doula run? ?I have no idea, so I'm just curious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"