Cincinnati Babies
Options

Anterior placenta

Jenna's post below got me to wondering.  Does anyone know if you've had an anterior placenta before, is it more common with subsequent pregnancies?  Or is there no correlation at all?

I had an anterior placenta with my first pregnancy and was just curious if that would be more likely this time around too.

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
imageimage
imageimage
The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler

Re: Anterior placenta

• Options
    I did the first time, but didn't think to ask if it would be common to happen again?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had it with both pregnancies.  I am not sure if having it with one makes it more likely with the next though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've had it with both pregnancies:)

Photos taken by Becky Thompson
  • Options

There's no correlation btwn having one with subsequent pregnancies - it's all luck of the draw.  The placenta starts to grow wherever that little embryo implants and then moves whichever direction it wants as it grows :) and the location makes no difference at all so long as it's not over top of your cervix.

I had an anterior with my first, my second I had a low lying placenta/placenta previa that eventually moved off to one side, and this time it started at the very tip top of my uterus and is now completely posterior. 

• Options
    I had it with my pregnancy.  My OB said it was total luck of the draw.  Like being blond vs. brunette.
  • Options
    Like everyone else said, I think its mostly due to chance.  I was kind of hoping to have a non-anterior placenta this time around in hopes that I might avoid back labor/sunny-side up baby, but no such luck so far.  Keeping my fingers crossed that baby turns!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"