Missouri Babies
Options

PP Questions:

All right, I am moving on to getting everything I need for the hospital and PP! And?I am solicitating your advice and rec?s!

I plan to get the following:

A nursing bra or two (then more when my milk comes in)

A nursing tank

A few pairs of lounge pants for the hospital and at home for the first few weeks. (Any suggestions?!)

Pads

Nursing Pads

I have another list for things to take to the hospital as far as laboring tools/toiletries.

How many pads do I need and what thickness? I haven?t bought pads in years?since early high school so I have no idea!! Any other suggestions or things that you loved having or brought but didn?t use?

Also, what did you wear at the hospital after delivery? I am usually cold so I am wondering if the gown is going to be enough for me.

Thanks!

Re: PP Questions:

• Options

After the delivery the next day I wore lounge pants and t-shirt, though I formula fed. I felt more comfortable in my own clothes, but wore their gowns at night because I didn't want anything tight on my tummy. Good Luck!!!

• Options

I had a c-section so my needs and stay was different then what you will experience hopefully. ?I was in the hospital for 4 nights, the first night I was tied down with a cathider and an IV, but the other 3 nights DH and I walked the halls to help my recovery. I only had socks with me and my Crocs since those ugly things were the only thing that fit my swollen feet, but slippers would have been great for the halls and my room. I slept in the gowns at night since I got so yucky hot and sweaty (gross I know, but true) they were the most comfy to sleep in. I just bought my lounge pants at Target, I actually wore them a lot my last two months of pregnancy since I was stuck at home anyways.?

As far as pads go, get lots! They provide you with them in the hospital and I took some of theirs home, but I had my PP bleeding for about 9 weeks. This probably TMI, but my flow varied, some days it was really heavy and the next it would be light. I just bought all the super absorbancy to play it safe. Oh and maybe buy some cheap-o undies that can possibly get ruined and you wont be out much money.?

Something else I used a lot of in the hospital was lotion and chapstick. It was so dry in there and my skin sure felt it. I will try to think of some other helpful things and let you know.

M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I took a trip to Target to buy the things I needed for my hospital bag.  I bought a pack of cheap Hanes underwear for when I got back from the hospital.  I picked up a new house coat to wear and some footies because I am always cold.  I picked up some lounge pants that were 75% off.  The only day I wore the hospital gown was the day I gave birth.  I was in my own clothes the next day. 

I also purchased all my BF necessities like nipple cream, breast pads, etc. and took them with me.  Didn't end up needing them though because my milk came in on Day 3 and we were already home.

A few fun things that I packed that I never used were a couple DVDs and some magazines, a deck of cards.  Didn't have time for that stuff but you never know ; )

Don't forget your cell phone chargers/camera chargers/batteries.  We also brought our laptop because our hospital had Wi-Fi (I asked at my pre-registration appt.)

I also brought my own pillow!  Nothing like the comforts of home when you're laboring!

Don't forget to pack a separate bag for Samantha!  And DH had a bag ready for himself too so that he didn't have to come home at all.

As far as pads go, I will say that the hospital sent us home with a good supply of tucks pads, pain relief spray, mesh undies and thick pads.  I did have a stock of very thick pads with wings.  I bled heavily (but totally manageable) for about 2 weeks and then it finally fully tapered off at 4 weeks.

I am embarrassed to say that I was in my pajamas for the majority of my maternity leave!  Pajama pants and maternity clothes were my staples after I gave birth.  I just wanted to be comfy!

I'm sure I'll think of more later but that's all I got for right now.

• Options

The nursing tanks are a life-saver so get at least a couple of those! ?I actually wore those underneath my gown while in the hospital. ?I stayed in my gown for the most part, but had a c-section and ended up getting c-diff while there so was there for an entire week and didn't feel like putting on pants. ?The nursing tank acted as my bra since it's pretty much like a sports bra and helped keep me warmer than just having a nursing bra on.

Try and take as many pairs of the mesh undies with you from the hospital. ?I got the long pads with wings in regular absorbancy and they worked great. ??

That's all I can think of now, but will let you know if I think of anything else.?

• Options

I'd get 3 or more nursing tanks! The Target ones are great. I have seriously lived in mine since I had Bennett. I honestly don't think there has been a day where I haven't worn one and I usually wear them when I'm at home during the day and as pajamas at night. Totally worth buying a few!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Molly and Beth... I love your new siggies! You both have such handsome little men!?
    M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageMelZull:
    Molly and Beth... I love your new siggies! You both have such handsome little men!

I completely agree!!!

Thanks for all the information ladies!! We did a little shopping last night and got the main toiletries. This weekend I am going to Target to check out the tanks, bras and comfy pants!

• Options

I'm a little late on this, but I also found some really comfy yoga pants in Old Navy's clearance section. My nursing tanks are from Target; I also got a nursing bra from there but it's not nearly as comfortable. It might be the wrong size, though, as I got it at about 34 wks. Ditto the other girls on getting some cheapo underwear to wear for a while.

I think I wore the hospital pj's the first night, and then yoga pants & a big shirt with a nursing tank the rest of the hospital stay. I'd recommend bringing layers - it was so warm in my hospital room, esp. with the vinyl pillows, which made me really sweaty, that I had my parents bring me a short-sleeved t-shirt and my own pillow the 2nd day. If you do bring your own pillow, bring it in a non-white pillow case so you can tell it apart. Also, I wish I'd packed an old bath towel b/c the ones at OPRMC were kind of dinky.

Remember to take whatever you can get from the hospital room, since your insurance has already been charged for it anyway! The nurses helped us pack up the extra nasal aspirators, basin, open pack of diapers, etc. This might be TMI, but they will also give you a spray/squirt bottle to use when you go to the bathroom; remember to bring that home too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"