Health & Exercise
Options

Protein shakes?

Before i found out i was pregnant I was having protein shakes in the am...keeps me so full for an active job! Does anyone know if its ok in pregnancy?

THANKS!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Protein shakes?

• Options
    why wouldn't it be?
  • Options

Women need lots of protein while gestating - 60 - 80 g daily is recommended (though more later than earlier).  If you are concerned, you can check the individual ingredients of the shake you drink and run it by your doc (an on call nurse will probably be happy to tell you whether or not it is recommended).

As long as it's not packed with sugar, you are probably ok to continue.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    no clue..thats why  i was asking!  The mix has lots of weird stuff in it besides extra protein...guess ill double check with MD
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Adding: As long as it's not packed with sugar or any specifically dangerous ingredients (like extra stuff for muscle growth or strange herbs), it should be ok.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Options
    I have a vegan protein shake every day.  Being a vegetarian I want to make sure I get enough protein.  My Dr. said it was fine.
  • Options
    My doctor agreed that it was a good way for me to get extra protein since meat has been my enemy the last few weeks.  strawberry protein powder, frozen banana, vanilla yogurt, and a handful of frozen berries=good to go. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"