Baby Names

WDYT of Ford?

There it a little boy in DD's Kindermusik named Ford.  I can't decide if I like it or not.

Re: WDYT of Ford?

• I dont like it at all!  It is a car maker not a childs name.
  • my initial reaction was to scrunch up my nose... ;)
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Loading the player...
  • I live in MI so I hear Ford Motor all the time.  I can't imagine calling a child that.  In my GM loving family it certainly wouldn't go over well either!  : 0
  • Besides the cars, it reminds me of Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  I've heard worse, though.

• LMS05LMS05 member
    Not a fan
  • NMS.  It's a car company (and to boot it is a car company begging for a financial bail-out). 
  • My initial reaction was, why are they talking about cars on a baby names board???  It is nms.

My Bio
    Blog
    Miles Alister. 9.17.2007. 8# 6oz 21.5inches
    Isla Penelope. 10.21.2010. 8# 3oz 21 inches
    2 Months 11# 6oz 23.5 inches
    4 Months 13# 6oz 25 inches
    6 Months 14# 15oz 27 inches
    9 Months 17# 10oz 28 inches
    12 Months 19# 10oz 28.75 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it's fine if that's a family name, like mom's maiden name or something like that.  But otherwise I just think of it as a car company, and not a particularly successful one these days!
  • Where we live, it is actually a pretty common boys name. The tradition here is to name at least one child after the mom's maiden name.

Fordham/Crawford/Langford, etc are common last names, so I've known several people with one of these names and the nickname Ford. I guess it takes some getting used to, but I don't think it is a weird name.

• I don't like it at all.
  • Nice name if it's a play on a family name, but nms otherwise.
  • I don't care for it. It makes me think of the car.
    DD#1 4/3/2008 TTC in 2012
  • It's okay. I think his whole life people would say, "Ford?" Like the car/truck?"
    Blank!
  • I like it.

My DH and DS's middle names are Ford, named after the president Gerald Ford.

If you like it, then use it.

Mommy to three adorable boys!
  • Surname or car, not first name.
  • imagejennings235:
    I dont like it at all!  It is a car maker not a childs name.

Exactly.

Oy with the poodles already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • NMS at all. Live in MI and think of car company.
    TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not for myself.  I just hear the name and I always cringe in class.  The little boy is so cute.  I feel bad for reacting that way.
  • I knew one of those.. it was a family name (Irish?) The guy is in his early thirties now.

I don't care for it. I always think "Fix Or Repair Daily" or "Found On Road Dead."

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"