Austin Babies

I just read Libbyann's pushing post and am outraged!

I just was reading some older posts, and I came across libbyann;s post asking abou the different pushing techniques.  As I read all the different responces, I began to freak.  I am shocked and in a way jealous of all you that only pushed for 10-20 minutes.  I on the other hand had to freakin push for 3 long and exhausting hours after being on potosiin(sp?) for 20 hours.  I guess Im just lucky that way.  Sheesh!

Re: I just read Libbyann's pushing post and am outraged!

• I think a lot of it also has to do with where the baby is positioned when you start pushing.  Some start when the baby is still high and I'm sure it takes longer that way.  When I started pushing DS was already at a +1 station, so I only had to push for 40 minutes.  But I was even surprised at myself!  I was prepared for 2-3 hours since that's what's average with your first baby. 
  • I know what you mean.  I just roll my eyes at anyone whose labor was less than a day.  (Just kidding...kind of! Wink)  I hope actually that if we have another child, I will have one of those easy labors I read about!
  • Loading the player...
  • I pushed for 2 hrs. and 45 min. until the doctor finally decided DD's head was turned in the canal and he needed to use the forceps to turn her head. After he did that, one push and she was out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I pushed for 2.5 hours!  DS's head was stuck behind my pelvic bone.  Everytime I pushed he rammed into my pelvic bone.  I was in serious pain from all the bruising on my pelvic bone I could barely walk for weeks.  And poor DS had the worst bruise on his poor little head.  Apparently I'm not a good pusher!
    Liam is 5!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was at 10cm and dr said I could start pushing anytime, but baby was still kind of high up there.  Since I was on epi, and didn't feel the super uncomfortable urge to push, I decided to let the contrax push him down until I couldnt' stand not pushing anymore.  That lasted about an hour, then I started pushing and still pushed for an hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"