2nd Trimester
Options

having a psycho moment - talk me down. :)

So I posted the 3D u/s picture yesterday of my baby sucking her thumb.  Well, I dont know if anyone noticed besides my crazyass, but the cord is around her neck in the picture.  When we were leaving the ultrasound room yesterday I said something about it to the tech and she said, "yes it is, but dont worry about it - we couldnt do anything about it anyway now, could we?" or something along those lines.  Acted like it was no big deal.

Is it really no big deal?  Now everytime I look at the picture my heart sinks a little.  The logical part of me says that duh, of course its going to be around her neck at times - she is floating in amniotic fluid.. it probably comes undone, goes back, again and again.  Right?  But then there is the crazy part of me that thinks what if it gets too tight?  Sad

I'm freaking myself out.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: having a psycho moment - talk me down. :)

• Options
    I've been freaking out about one of our u/s pics too! I'm worried that dd has a cleft lip. Obviously no big deal, something easy to fix, but I'm still so worried!
  • Options
    from the picture, I can't tell if it's around her neck or just over her shoulder.  You can call your doctor on Monday, and hopefully they'll be able to provide you with some reassurance!
    BFP #1: m/c at 8 weeks; BFP #2: DD born 6/9/09; BFP #3 m/c at 5 weeks; BFP #4 m/c at 8 weeks, D&E; BFP #5 DS born 8/12/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesteph&michael:
    from the picture, I can't tell if it's around her neck or just over her shoulder.  You can call your doctor on Monday, and hopefully they'll be able to provide you with some reassurance!

where did you see the pic??

• Options

Sorry, here is the pic again. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageshawnakress:

imagesteph&michael:

where did you see the pic??

I clicked on her name and it was under "previous posts", but now she's posted it.

BFP #1: m/c at 8 weeks; BFP #2: DD born 6/9/09; BFP #3 m/c at 5 weeks; BFP #4 m/c at 8 weeks, D&E; BFP #5 DS born 8/12/12
  • Options
    I don't remember where I read this, otherwise I would send it to you, but I have read exactly what you said. Since the baby is floating around in the amniotic fluid the cord can wrap and unwrap itself around the baby's neck. Like pp said maybe call your doctor just for reassurance if you need, but from what I understand there's not much too worry about.
  • Options
    You are right, she is little enough & so squirmy still that it probably unloops all the time. I see babies with cords around their neck born all the time & they are fine, I know that we always tend to think the worst, but try to be positive. I would probably ask my DR about it, but alhtough it sounds liek the tech was snarky about it there really is nothing that can be done about it now. The picture is so cute by the way, I love the 3D ultrasounds!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Both of my kids had nuchal cords and they were fine. My first had 1 loose nuchal cord and my second had 1 loose, 1 tight and he was fine also. I wouldn't get too worked up about it. But I might ask my Dr about it just to be sure he doesn't want to follow it more closely
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"