Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Pumpers - please come in! :)

I have the Medela PISA (not sure if it matters...but I don't know how the other machines work) and the valve on the bottle must have had condensation in it from sterilizing it still and when I plugged in the tubes and started pumping - water got in both of the tubes.

I unplugged the bottles from the tubes and let the machine run for about a minute to help dry them out and then pulled out the tubes from the machine and have had them hanging to try to dry out all day - still some water specks in the tubes. Angry

Does anyone know how I can get this water out - or should I just buy new tubes? I don't want the water to get into the motor and ruin the system.

TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pumpers - please come in! :)

• I let the motor run for a few minutes and it's totally fine.
  • I'm renting a medela symphony and when water gets in the tubes I just run the pump as high as it can go and the water comes out. The water is no where near getting into the machine, so I'm not worried about that. Not sure whatelse you can do besides running it w/o the bottles.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wash the tubes once in a while and it takes a couple of days for them to dry. You may want to purchase a second pair. I'm not sure how to get them to dry faster.
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • Idk..I had to clean out the whole thing twice because MILK got into the tubes and then into the motor.  I followed the directions and actually found them online..it says to dry out the tubes by shaking out droplets and air dry them (mine still has water spots in them) and also running it for a few minutes which you said you did.  I plan to buy another tube soon.  Oh and if milk or water gets into the motor thing there is a quick fix and it shouldn't ruin anything if you take care of it quickly.  If you need to there is troubleshooting for each pump online..I just googled it :)
  • Thanks ladies! I'll buy a second pair to have as a back-up in case it happens again. Hopefully they'll be dry by tomorrow (I only pump 1-2x a day anyways).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"