Parenting

Do you have a pee protector on DC's big kid mattress?

Tell Me about it if you will! We are gearing up for the big boy bed soon... Thanks!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Do you have a pee protector on DC's big kid mattress?

• DD is not in a big girl bed yet, but when she is, I will put some sort of waterproof cover under the mattress pad.  In fact, I have waterproof covers under all the mattress pads on the beds in the house.  You just never know when something is going to be spilled on the bed.  You definitely don't want the matresses to get wet.  kwim? 
  • I have 2.  I got them at JCPenny. Unfortunately, I learned I needed one AFTER his first stomach virus.  Cleaning a mattress in the middle of the night is not fun.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a waterproof mattress pad.
  • I have a vinyl cover that goes over the whole mattress, then I put a mattress pad over that, then a big rectangle absorbent waterproof pad over where DS sleeps and a sheet over that.  The only thing worse than having to change sheets in the middle of the night is having to change the mattress pad too, IMO.  So, I like the piddle pad under the sheet just in case and then the vinyl cover over the whole mattress so that it won't get ruined.  It's also better for allergies.
  • imageshouldbeworkin:
    I have a vinyl cover that goes over the whole mattress, then I put a mattress pad over that, then a big rectangle absorbent waterproof pad over where DS sleeps and a sheet over that.  The only thing worse than having to change sheets in the middle of the night is having to change the mattress pad too, IMO.  So, I like the piddle pad under the sheet just in case and then the vinyl cover over the whole mattress so that it won't get ruined.  It's also better for allergies.

I do this, but I put a few layers on. I used to do it in his crib to, so all I have to do is take off the sheet and piddle pad and the next sheet is ready to do.

• I just bought a mattress protector and then put a regular mattress pad on top of that.  Got them both at Target.  The protector was only like $9 and it came in a bunch of sizes.
    Delaney Grace - 6/29/06
  • imageshouldbeworkin:
    I have a vinyl cover that goes over the whole mattress, then I put a mattress pad over that, then a big rectangle absorbent waterproof pad over where DS sleeps and a sheet over that.  The only thing worse than having to change sheets in the middle of the night is having to change the mattress pad too, IMO.  So, I like the piddle pad under the sheet just in case and then the vinyl cover over the whole mattress so that it won't get ruined.  It's also better for allergies.

ditto this!

• imageshouldbeworkin:

This is what we do!  DD's mattress pad is also waterproof, so technically there are always 3 layers of protection... when she's wet, it (so far) has only gotten on the top pad (right under the sheet), so nothing else has needed to be changed... SO much easier. 

• We just have a waterproof mattress pad on Nora's bed.  It was only $7 at Wal-Mart.

ETA: Nora's bed is a full (or double).

• I got full-size waterproof mattress mattress covers at Kohl's. They weren't too expensive. But you definitely need them--we found that out last night. DD had her first late-night vomiting episode ever, in her big-girl bed that she's been in only 5 days!
  • We do have a mattress protecter on my son's bed...we got it for pretty cheap at Fred Meyer.  While my son hasn't had any accidents in the night, it was nice when he had the flu last week and threw up in his bed, to not have to toally scrub a mattress down
  • We have a waterproof mattress pad (and a spare or 2) for DS. He's never wet the bed, but he has thrown up in bed. So glad for the waterproof pad then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"