Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How often do you and dh have sex?

This is a little personal but my ds is 3 months old and ever since we got the go ahead by the doc (which we were looking foward to) we don't have sex very often. We want to and we talk about it but we are on different schedules and so tired. What is normal pp intimacy?

Re: How often do you and dh have sex?

• First off it depends on the person... there are ladies that wait months to have sex again. That said we usually are once a week or more if we are both up to it (tiredness and such). Can you get a family member to watch dc for a night or so. My mom take ds once a week over night, so we at least get once a week. Good luck.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We are still on different schedules.  Maybe 2x per month.  But DS still wakes every 2 hrs so I am exhausted.  Poor DH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My DH is gone half the week at work and when he's home I don't always feel like doing it (he does...), so I would say once or twice a week. We don't have anyone to babysit so that makes it harder. As pp said, it depends on the person and "normal" is subjective but that's what we do.
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • not as often as we should. We are always so tired. DS is 5months and I think we have had sex only maybe 5 times.
  • It varies. This week it's been 3 times. Last week it wasn't at all. DH works nights Tuesday-Saturday and I work days Monday-Friday. It all depends a lot on how tired I am after he gets home at 2:30 am.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Only twice since ds was born. You do the math.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageEASwimmer:
    not as often as we should. We are always so tired. DS is 5months and I think we have had sex only maybe 5 times.
    Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.- Art Buchwald Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageEASwimmer:
    not as often as we should. We are always so tired. DS is 5months and I think we have had sex only maybe 5 times.

This is exactly us too.

Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.- Art Buchwald Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got cleared from the doc yesterday and we have done it twice since.... I dont think that will last though.  Keep in mind we had not reset the clock since November before last night.
  • Once or twice a week, it would probably be much more than that but the PPD meds have killed my sex drive. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"