Northern California Babies

Nursing Strike?

N is suddenly refusing to nurse.  She will do it in the morning, but nothing from about noon onward (she will latch for 30 seconds or so and then pull off and be pissed).  She just got a tooth and is getting another, so I imagine that has a lot to do with it.  She also is refusing a bottle (she went on a full out bottle strike about a month and a half ago and we've never gotten back to where she was).  I am doing all of the obvious things (lots of skin to skin, nursing in a dark and quiet room when she's most calm, etc) but of course I am really worried that she's not getting what she needs.  She isn't fussy in the slightest bit (unless I am trying to make her eat).  Any insights? TIA.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Nursing Strike?

• Riley did kinda the same thing, and we spent two days in bed doing nothing but nursing reading books and taking it easy. It worked! I would highly suggest it.

If that isn't possible then I would call LLL and talk to a leader. It is FREE and they have a ton of exsperiance. You can call any time and many leaders even do home visits. GL and I hope she is back on the breast soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"