1st Trimester
Options

What helps your heartburn?

I've been trying Tums to no avail....Any other tips?

Re: What helps your heartburn?

• Options

OTC Prilosec helps when it's beyond any relief for me (but still call your doc to get their okay first).

Other than that....lots and lots of water, milk, and generally being careful about what you're taking in.  For me, juice, fruit, spicy food, chocolate, soda (even Sprite or 7Up) all make it worse for me.

• Options
    imagetaelir:

OTC Prilosec helps when it's beyond any relief for me (but still call your doc to get their okay first).

Other than that....lots and lots of water, milk, and generally being careful about what you're taking in.  For me, juice, fruit, spicy food, chocolate, soda (even Sprite or 7Up) all make it worse for me.

Thanks!  Good to know Prilosec might be ok.  I'll call Mon and ask.  I'm sure the big piece of leftover pizza didn't help my cause much Stick out tongue

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've heard that for some milk can give temporary relief and then it can come back with a vengeance.  But so far, for me the milk works great.

I believe that maalox makes chewables now.  Not the chalky ones but the chewy ones.  They are on my approved list.  You could ask your dr.

• Options
    a tiny scoop of ice cream.  When my mom was really sick (she had stomach cancer, resulting in a feeling of heartburn almost constantly), she ate a bowl of icecream every single night. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Also, check on which Tums you're taking. 

I'm a fan of the Smoothies (which I have only seen in 750, but they MIGHT come in 1000)....1000 is the strongest they make.  If you're not using those, you might want to try those first before the Prilosec.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"