1st Trimester

Breaking of the water...

Really not sure if this falls under a better category, but to people that have already had one child already.... What does it feel like when your water breaks?

Re: Breaking of the water...

• They had to break my water.  It was like a warm gush of fluid that lasted for a really long time.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I am pregnant with my first but my SIL was in the car with her boss and she started freaking out, because she thought she was peeing her pants. But when it just kept coming she relized that her water broke.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine was like a slow leak instead of a big gush. It felt like I was peeing on myself but couldn't stop it. I did feel a tiny pop first.
  • They broke mine at the hospital. It was a HUGE gush and then it felt like I was peeing a lot until DS was born. haha I had a ton of fluid.

Lactavist.Intactivist.Co-Sleeping/Crib using.CDing/ECing.Babywearing.Attachment Parent.BLW. 'Crunchy' Mommy! Both boys' are on the spectrum. Life is busy, but great! Currently carrying my second surro babe. :]
  • Both times mine broke when I was already at the hospital. For my 1st, the Dr. broke my water - it just felt like a really long gush of warm water. For my 2nd, when i got to the hospital in labor and was checked they told me I had a "bulging bag of waters", and it ended up breaking (more like exploding) about 20 mins before he was born. It literally exploded and water came out with force, my husband heard it pop and water splattered everywhere - thank god I was laying down and had a blanket over me or I am covinced it would have been quite a scene- oh the joys of labor! :)
  • Mine broke the night before I was to be induced.  I didn't hear anything.  I just thought that I was incontinent...over and over again.  I finally figured it out after changing my underwear for the 3rd time.  :)
  • They broke my water with DD.  It was a huge amount of water and it kept coming.  The nurse was shocked at how quickly it soaked the pad under me.  I am so glad it didn't happen in public.

With DS the doctor told me he was a big baby probably 9 pounds or so.  When he cut me open for the c/s he said 'never mind you just have a lot of water'.  DS was 6 pounds 14 ounces.  I guess I have a lot of water.

• mine broke before i had contractions. ?it feels like warm liquid that trickles out. ?it's def. NOT like in the movies where it gushes out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 3/9/12 Natural M/C 4/11/12

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageZAngel:
    They had to break my water.  It was like a warm gush of fluid that lasted for a really long time.

ya.. it lasts a really long time! ha :) I remember thinking OMG there's THAT much "water" in there?!?! I mean, I knew there was a lot, but WOW did it just keep on coming and coming.... It was crazy! :)

My friend, on the other hand, had a slow leak both times, so when I told her my experience, she had no idea there was that much water either..

After it was all gone, I felt soooo much lighter and smaller! I left the hospital the next day 20 lbs lighter... DD was 8lbs1oz at birth...

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"