Toddlers: 24 Months+

would you be upset?

well dh is been going out a lot lately on the weekends we either get flooded with people here that come to stay the night without notice or he leaves all day long, usually leaves around 1 pm and comes back at 1 or 2 am sometimes.. i feel like i'm just stuck here in the house, we are pretty broke, so only one of us can go out and its usually him cause he is the one with the friends not me.. i also choose not to go with him cause all his friends smoke and i dont like to take ds into that kind of enviroment.. today is his friends b-day and he is out again.

last weekend they called him and asked him if he was gonna go to one of his friends house, he said he would ask me about it after he already said he was going to stay home that weekend.. i kinda got upset and i felt like he was just staying because he knew that for sure he was going out this weekend again you know i felt like he was staying to "make me happy" or "i'll stay home in hopes she doesnt get upset that i'm leaving next weekend" kinda thing.. where is my free time? i wonder.. we also had issues with me calling him cause i guess he doesnt like it, so i sttoped that and now i dont call.. today i tried and he didnt answer.. sometimes i feel like he is cheating on me on the weekends.. i asked him and he said no.. ohh well maybe is all in my head, sorry this got long.. but what do you think?

Re: would you be upset?

• yes, that would upset me.  I am not ok with that.  We'd have to work something else out.  Not cool.
  • Aw ((hugs)) babe! I am sorry he is being disrespectful. I don't think I would assume cheating, but maybe he doesn't realize it's time to grow up and that he has a wife and a child.

I would try writing to him. Writing is my thing because I am notorious for leaving out a point that I wanted to make when talking, it may be nice for him to be able to read and re read it to get the point. You deserve some 'you' time- and everyone needs it!

If all else fails...kick him where it counts! GL hun

• Loading the player...
  • yeah- i'd be upset... that is no way to have a marriage.

DH and I look forward to the weekend so we can all spend time together as a family- he woudln't even think of going out all the time- and hardly does anything without me on the weekends as it is - let alone go out spending money we don't have while i sit at home.

i'd do some real soul searching... and consider counseling or something- that will get old FAST and it's not healthy for a marriage.

• sorry about that.  it is crappy and not fair and not a way to handle a relationship.  talk to him and if that doesn't work i agree with mrs.c and write to him.  i have done this with dh when we are so upset we just can't talk w/o arguing and i don't say how i really feel.  it has worked for us.  gl and keep us posted.
  • I also agree that's its not fair to you and to your DS. ?My DH goes out with his friends on the weekends too, maybe every other weekend, sometimes one time a month, but we always do something together during the day and he helps me with DD for bed time. Your DH should respect you and call you a least once or twice during the day if he is going to be gone all day. ?Just so you don't worry about him. GL! BIG HUGS!!
  • Ditto what the other posters said.  I would definitely be upset.  It sounds like he has some growing up to do.

My DH goes out once every week or two, usually on a Thursday night for about 3-4 hours or so to have some "buddy time." Weekends are our family time.

• I would be very upset too.  As a matter of fact, DH and I have had this same issue in the past and it took aboout 6 months to finally come to an agreement that we could both be happy with.  Now we each have 2 days/night a week each to go out separately and the rest of the week is spent as family time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"