Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Do you use a nickname for DC?

We wanted names that could have a nickname. DH's grandmother always says how much she hates nicknames, which I think his hilarious because of her 13 children, 10 of them have names that have nicknamesm she calles them by their nicknames and she is Margaret and everyone calls her Peg. (david, christopher, philip, timothy, robert, michael, stephen, susan, peggy-ann, peter)

Anyways, we will call DD Addy but would a nickname for Trevor be Tre or Trev? T-man? lol

Re: Do you use a nickname for DC?

• It will probably get shortened to just Trev a lot. Tre is cute though, if you want to make a nickname.

We call dd by her full name (alaina) but some relatives drop the first A or try to call her Laney.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I have always LOVED nicknames and picked my son's name so that we'd be able to call him by one. ?His first name is Justin and middle is Troy. ?We picked Troy so we could call him JT. ?However, we have yet to call him that...lol. ?Maybe when he's a toddler we'll start. ?Some of our family calls him JT though.
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, and I would say Trev, but T-Man is funny!
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i think Trev is cute. ?and i think moms affectionately call their kids by some shortened or "cutesy" version of their names.

i called lucas "luke" everyone once in awhile, although my DH usually yells at me for it. ?he wants us to call him lucas. ?i know that once he gets bigger and goes to school he will get called "luke."?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • My daughter's name is Jordan and we call her Jordo.  My dad called her that one day and it just sorta stuck.  I refer to DS as both Benjamin and Ben. 
  • You could do Trey for Trevor I think.

DD is Emery... sometimes we call her Em or Emmy (I call her this, DH isn't a big fan).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I chose a name that I thought couldn't be shortened and had no nickname. 

Ask me how that's going...

Ethie's Mother

Full name: Ethan Rohan

NN: Ethie Ro

*sigh*

• DS is Jakob so we also call him JD for his first and middle names or Jake.  DH has taken to calling him Mr. J after those Comcast commercials. :-P
    I received an A+ in Poise & Deportment.
  • We usually call her gabs.  We had intended on using the nm gabby but somehow we starting calling her gabs and now my parents have started as well.
  • Well her name is Sophia & we call her Sophie. People actually ask, is her name Sophie or Sophia? I don't get that but whatever. We also call her Sophie Bean & have shortened that to Bean. So ya we call her bean 99% of the time.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I picked names so that nicknames would not be possible but...

I call my oldest Scooter (not even CLOSE to his name)

and call my youngest Tank or Noli Bear (second of which si close to his name)

as long as I get veto rights :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"