Poll: Does DH help with cleaning/cooking? — The Bump
TTC After a Loss

Poll: Does DH help with cleaning/cooking?

Re: Poll: Does DH help with cleaning/cooking?

• Yes. I'd say he does half, if not more. I do more of the planning and financial management.
  • Yes, but not as much as I'd like.  I wish I didn't always have to ask!
    Proverbs 3:5-6

After 3 years living abroad, we are back in NOVA.
  • nope!  he is spoiled!  he does work a lot more than me though!
  • This is one thing that my DH is really good about. Actually, he was vacuuming earlier today and he is cooking dinner right now. Now, if I could only get him to help more with Hannah. I guess I can't get it all!
  • yup! our relationship is totally backwards. I do the bills and take out the trash, and he does the cleaning. We both cook though :)

• Not as much as I would like, but he does some laundry.
  • He does all the cooking (cause I suck!) and we share the cleaning! He is a wonderful DH I must say!?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *************************************************************************************** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep... we've got a pretty even split.

• He cooks but clean??  Forget it!
    4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • Not really.  He will SOMEtimes do some cleaning.  That is why my house does not look like the way I want it to look
  • My DH handles all the bills and most of the cooking (but he loves to cook) so I feel guilty asking him to help me clean.
  • Yes, he does alot of the cleaning and usually offers to help me prep the food for dinner.
    m/c 9/8/08
    m/c 1/19/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

:)
  • Umm...well he considers "cleaning" more like tidying up and organizing but not actually CLEANING with products - but he does vacuum.

Cooking: He does the grilling in the summer - but winter its all me.

BUT he is really good with money as I am NOT so its an even trade!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersimage*Angel Baby 12.16.08 Always in my Heart*

• I do the cooking but I love to cook. We both clean but he does all the laundry!
    #1: BFP 12/17/08 My angel flew to heaven 12/23/08 #2: BFP 4/4/09 Born 12/17/09 #3: BFP 6/24/2011 My angel flew to heaven 7/3/2011 to join his/her sibling. #4 BFP 2/22/2012 Born 10/25/2012

imageimage
  • yep, I can't complain about that with DH. he cooks half of the time and always does the dishes and cleans up.
  • If I ask him to, but not on his own.  He is a great cook though and I wish he would cook more often.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • Yes,  He is an excellent cook, so I love when he cooks.  I normally will clean the house (dust, clean the bathrooms and kitchen) but he will vaccum and we typically split cooking, and the clean up after dinner.
    Married 11/03
    Became a Mom 11/23/09
    Became a Mom again 12/27/2011
    M/C 1/26/09 6 weeks 1 day
    My BFP Chart
  • Our rules is simple -

Kitchen:  If I cook, he does the clean up and dishes.  If he cooks, I do. 

Cleaning:  I take care of the inside of the house, he's in charge of outside.

It works for us.

• Yes, he does quite a bit around the house- he's pretty well in charge of laundry and dishes, while I do the deep cleaning (dusting, vacuuming, bathrooms, organizing, etc). He cooks probably about 1/2 of the time as well- he likes to test out new recipes on DS and I before he makes them at the firehouse. He's really a pretty good cook!
  • Yes, DH helps with both.  I do more cleaning and we take turns cooking.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker M/C #1 - BFP 12/28/2008. Confirmed m/c at 6wks - blighted ovum on 1/9/2009. M/C #2 - BFP 6/16/2009. Confirmed m/c at 7wks - blighted ovum on 7/1/2009.
  • He does all the cooking, the cleaning is pretty evenly split

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards