TTC After a Loss
Options

who gets waxed? (a tad TMI)

I typically do, but haven't since m/c in September. Just didn't really want anyone down there. I took some Advil before I went, but still OUCH OUCH OUCH!

When I was there, I was thinking about if i would continue to do it if i got pg -- prob not. would you? sorry for the randomness -- this is my first weekend not working in a LONG time so I finally have time to be on the bump and this is what's on my crazy mind.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: who gets waxed? (a tad TMI)

• Options

I regularly get a Brazilian, and for the short time I was pregnant, I continued with it.

I have heard that it can be painful later on during the pregnancy, but it wasn't bad when I had it done early on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • Options
    I have never gotten a wax down yonder...YOUCH that must KILL!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *************************************************************************************** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was going for a few months, but I haven't gone in awhile. I need to go back to it though, every time I shave I get itchy and red bumps, it sucks. waxing does hurt a bit, but I love not getting the razor rash.
  • Options
    I am waaaay to scared to do it. I can handle pain, but just the thought of it....it gives me goosebumps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It freaks me out while not pregnant!
  • Options
    once you're in the habit of doing it, it's actually not that bad. you get used to it. it's when you wait too long that it's a really killer!
  • Options

imageladyluxe:
    once you're in the habit of doing it, it's actually not that bad. you get used to it. it's when you wait too long that it's a really killer!

I agree ... I keep it up montly in the summer and usually 3-4 times over the winter so it doesn't get too bad.  I haven't in a while though because it's a little too close to the surgery site and I'm freaked out by that.  I will still go when I'm pg, as long as it doesn't hurt too bad ... definitely better than shaving!!!!!!

• Options
    I've always wanted a wax down under but am too scared. I will do it eventually.
    BFP#1 missed m/c-d&c 10/27/08, BFP#2 BO-natural m/c 5/15/09, BFP#3 8/12/09-DS born 4/2010, BFP#4=TWINS-missed m/c&d/c 6/15/11, BFP#4 11/22/11- please stay with me
  • Options
    I'm way too chicken... I bet my DH would like it though!
  • Options

I went to Brazil right before my wedding and I absolutely loved it!!  For Sex and the City fans, I chose not to get "mugged" LOL

I hurt a little but only for a few seconds..then it went away. 

The only part I hated was having to grow the hair out beforehand, they wanted to have like three weeks of growth.. I felt like a Sasquatch!!  LOL

• Options
    imageNicolina08:

The only part I hated was having to grow the hair out beforehand, they wanted to have like three weeks of growth.. I felt like a Sasquatch!!? LOL

LMAO!!!!!!!?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *************************************************************************************** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBabs022:
    imageNicolina08:

The only part I hated was having to grow the hair out beforehand, they wanted to have like three weeks of growth.. I felt like a Sasquatch!!? LOL

LMAO!!!!!!!?

?

totally! that's how i felt before this wax since i waited so long. hahaha.?

• Options

I have been waxing both full legs and bikini for over 10 years.  When I was PG last year I went in and discussed it with the technician who I always go to.  She said that many of her clients continued when PG.  She even said that most of them returned just before due dates to get brazilians and cleaned up before going into labor... 

• Options
    I had my first wax about 9 years ago for a swimsuit show I was in. I have never looked back! I hate shaving bumps. It can get pricey, so I went to Sally's & bought my own wax & now I do it myself. The first time was scary, but now I wax once a month & it is a piece of cake!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"