Breastfeeding
Options

EPers... anyone have the nasty stomach bug?

Nasty stomach bug is me being nice.  I don't remember being this sick...ever!  Even when I had my appendix out, I don't think I felt this bad (but who knows... I was 12).  Needless to say, I pumped from 4:30-5 yesterday.  Then the bug hit.  I didn't have the energy to sit up, and was basically vomiting from then until midnight last night.  By then I was exhausted.  I didn't even care about pumping.  So I fell asleep.  Woke up at 10 this morning, and it took me until almost 11 to get up and pump.  So that's 16 hours without pumping.  I again pumped for about half an hour and got out 9 ozs.  I didn't have the energy to go back and pump, so I went back to bed.  I just got up again.  So that's another 5.5 hours.  I'm finally starting to feel better, but I suspect this one will take a while to fully recover from.

So my question is...anyone had any experience with this bug?  I've basically gotten 13 ozs today.  I'm usually at 20-23 ozs by now.  Yesterday at my last pump I had 23 for the day.  Will just pumping more tomorrow rebuild my stash?  Or has this bug done me in???  Any thoughts are appreciated!

Re: EPers... anyone have the nasty stomach bug?

• Options
    Oh, and I've barely ate anything... 2 pieces of toast today, and some water (when I'm awake).  I'm really thirsty so I wonder if my output has a lot to do with the fact there is little food left in me. 
  • Options
    I had the awful horrible stomach bug you speak of. ?So sorry you have it! ?I saw a major decline in supply for 2-3 days after and then it took me about 2 weeks to get back to normal output again. ?Totally sucked but I did get my supply back up. ?I didn't add any pumps, but I did pump longer when Icould. I could hardly eat or drink anything either and I think that has a lot to do with it. ?I hope you feel better soon!
    Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Not an EP'er, but I did get hit with a nasty stomach bug about a year ago. I ate like a cup of applesauce for a day and a half. My supply definitely took a hit, but it eventually recovered. I rested a lot (the bug hit late Sat night, and I called in sick to work on Mon and Tue -- I was tempted to go back on Tue, but my LC adviced resting more), I nursed on demand (DD asked to nurse more due to my low supply), and I added some pump sessions until I was back where I needed to be.

I hope you're feeling better, and good luck getting your supply back up! It will come back, may just take a little while.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"