Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Thoughts?

I had my first miscarriage on Feb. 13th. I stopped bleeding a week later and the dr.'s office did confirm that my levels are now back to normal. Based on my temps. and cm I believe that I am about to ovulate. The nurses have never commented on how long I should wait before TTC again, but I do have an appt. with the dr. this week. I have read on here that most people wait until AF arrives before TTCing again. What is your knowledge on this? TIA

Re: Thoughts?

• My doc told me to wait until after my first AF... but I know that others haven't waited and have gotten BFPs right away.  For me, I didn't want to go against what my doctor told me, because I would hate myself it something terrible happened again.

Good luck with your decision.

• My dr told me that he wants me to wait 3 cycles to give my body time to heal itself. He said that he often sees women that miscarried get pg right away only to miscarry again, and that he feels it best to give yourself that time to heal. But I know that other drs say otherwise, so check with your dr.
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor said that as soon I got my first AF after my D&C that we could try again. I'm not sure if we will or if we will wait a couple of months yet.

TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dr. gave me the go-ahead health wise, but said that I may want to wait till after 1 AF to be able to date the pregnancy better, but if I got PG before AF, it was no biggie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am in a similar situation...I had a natural miscarriage on Feb. 15th....  I wanted to try again right away!  My doctor told me to wait until 1 period....so I am going to wait, but it's so hard! I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks in October, so I am so scared it will happen again, so I will listen to her advice.   I just want it so badly.....  Good luck to you!
    BFP #1 3/99. DD born 12/24/99 BFP#2 8/2008. Missed miscarriage found at 11 weeks, Emergency D&C 10/31/08 BFP #3 1/29/09 Natural miscarriage 2/14 BFP#4 4/24 DD born 12/14/09 BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1-2 cycles!  I know it is hard but I would at least wait until you get your period one time so that you can date your pregnancy better and heal a little.  GL
  • My dr 1st told us to wait 3 months after I had the D&C to give my body some time to heal, but later she told us we can start trying sooner.  We waited about almost 2months.  You should talk to your dr to get a better answer b/c I am sure it is different for everyone.  GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"