Parenting after a Loss

Post partum ?....

Two questions, actually...

How long did you bleed post partum?  And, did you see small clots this far removed?  I'm wondering if I should be concerned (and it's eerily reminiscent of my m/c and it's kinda freakign me out)

Secondly, did you cramp when not BF?  I know uterine ctx are expected when BF'ing but I'm getting them off and on throughout the day when NOT feeding.  Is that normal?

Re: Post partum ?....

• Everything sounds normal to me...very much like my experience. Your LO is so cute :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sounds the same.....still spotting here and there-enough to use a liner
  • Loading the player...
  • I bled for 6.5 weeks post partum and I had lots and lots of small blood clots.  I was told that anything smaller than a golf ball was OK though.  It was pretty yucky.

Oh did I ever cramp.  Obviously BFing made it worse, but I cramped even when not feeding her.  Actually when I was still in the hospital I couldn't hold her if we had company because even being near her made the cramping almost unbearable (I didn't want to cry in front of the visitors).  

Zachary is too cute!!

• I'm using more than a liner, Daisy.. and just wondering if it's "too much".  If it continues through tomorrow, I'll call the dr on Monday... jsut curious at this point.
  • i'm still bleeding and passing clots.  i was told clots were normal as long as smaller than the size of a fist.  i'm also still cramping a bit too.
  • imageFredsNey:

I bled for 6.5 weeks post partum and I had lots and lots of small blood clots.  I was told that anything smaller than a golf ball was OK though.  It was pretty yucky.

Oh did I ever cramp.  Obviously BFing made it worse, but I cramped even when not feeding her.  Actually when I was still in the hospital I couldn't hold her if we had company because even being near her made the cramping almost unbearable (I didn't want to cry in front of the visitors).  

Zachary is too cute!!

Ok, this makes me feel a little better... Yes, they are small clots, but there nonetheless....  and yes, piercing pain even when not BF where I'm afriad to hold him in case I jerk and cant support my weight.... ugh!

• Oh, and thanks for teh comment about Zachary... I'm so so in love  :)
  • i am almost at 3wks pp-- i needed more than a liner for 1-2wks.

"Always" has some pads that are super thin- and really absorbant. (they come in a box) I am not sure what they are called but they are new. It beats the big bulky pads!

• Man, I felt like I spotted forEVER. It was well past 6 weeks. The period-like bleeding lasted about 2 weeks I think, and yes, there was a couple small clots. It was pretty much brown/old looking by then though.

Mild cramping sounds normal, but if you are having really heavy cramping, I'd call your doctor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"