2nd Trimester

Taping Birth?

How many of you will be taping the birth of your DC?  I did with my 1st and really want to with my second, however my hospital says in the registration that it is no longer allowed due to legal issues.  Anyone else have this issue with their hopsital? 

Re: Taping Birth?

• My hospital didn't allow it for the same reasons. They don't want you to record a dr or nurse doing something wrong!

But, I'd always imagined letting DH used the camera at the very end and right after delivery to catch that amazing moment afterward but I wasn't really interested in watching all of my delivery on video.

• I never even thought about this, but I dont think it is really something that I want on tape.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't want to tape the birth but will have DH tape before and after !

I don't like to see that kind of stuff and really think that DH will pass out he said he's staying at my head !

• I want DH to tape it, but we're planning a homebirth, so we'll be allowed to tape if we want!
  • Definitely not something I want on video tape!
  • We have one from DS and I can't imagine not having one from the 2nd.  I'm going to have to look into the birth center policy!
    my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
  • We taped my DD's birth from the head of the bed. ?I would really love to video tape this birth as well. ?I'm delivering at the same hospital so I hope their policy hasn't changed!

?

?

• When I did my OB/GYN rotation...I was talking with the doctors about video taping (b/c the doc made one father stop taping) and he was saying that they no longer allow you b/c God forbid anything goes wrong, they don't want to have proof on tape...so it makes the doctors/nurses/staff "more nervous"
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yes, most hospitals do not allow videotaping anymore during the delivery. However, I've known several people that were allowed to video before and after delivery (contractions, cutting the cord, holding baby for the first time, etc.). Just the pushing part and delivery (the part that is considered to be a medical procedure) were not allowed on tape. You might check with the hospital and see if any part of it can be filmed. 

Banning videotaping of medical procedures not only protects the hospital from a lawsuit but also from someone selling or copyrighting the tape as a film of that hospital or doctor's practices.

•  I had a c-section and I was allowed to film it.
  • imagethatgirlang:

My hospital didn't allow it for the same reasons. They don't want you to record a dr or nurse doing something wrong!

But, I'd always imagined letting DH used the camera at the very end and right after delivery to catch that amazing moment afterward but I wasn't really interested in watching all of my delivery on video.

That is what my DH is going to do too...I don't anyone (not even myself) to see what may/may not happen during delivery.  What if I crap??? I don't want that on tape!!!  lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"