Baby Names

Eric - mn or fn?

We want to use Eric since its a family name.  Do you like it as a first name or should we use it for a middle name?  What kind of kid do you picture with this name?

Re: Eric - mn or fn?

• My great grandpa is named Eric and my brother is naming his son Eric. I love the name and think it's a great fn. I picture a cute little blonde boy.?
  • Eric is a great name.  I think it could be either a fn or a mn, depending on what you want to pair it with. Just don't make it a middle name with John as the first name.  I have a friend who is John Eric, and he always gets called "Generic." 
  • Loading the player...
  • It's on our list but with a K. I like it, I think it's classic w/o being too common. I think it goes well w/ a lot of names as a fn or a mn.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think of it more as a first name (probably because my name is Erica!) but properly paired it could work as either.  I quite like the name, but I might be biased.  ; )  I also prefer spelling it with a "c" as you have, rather than with a "k" but I'm sure that comes from my own name as well. 
  • I think it works as both mn and fn. To me it sounds like a soccer kid.
  • Eric was one of our choices for a boy. I love it. It's such a strong name.
  • Thanks for the opinions everyone!  I think we will go ahead and use it for the first name..........now just need a middle name to go with it.   Is Michael too boring?  Any other suggestions?
  • I really like then name Eric.  And depending on the name you want to use with it, it is a great first or middle name.
  • I don't like Eric enough to use it as a first name, but there's nothing horrible about it.
  • my elementary school crush was named Eric - so, I really like the name.

I also know an Erik.

I like it as a first name :)

• My brothers name is Eric Christopher AND my DH name is EriK Joseph...so obviously I love the name Erik/c.  :-)
  • I think you could use it for either..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"