Success after IF

how many weeks post-partum did you and DH first have sex?

i miss sex... it's been a few months and will be at least 2-3 more i think.... so i'm wondering if it's reasonable to plan on the 6 weeks pp goal...

when did you guys get your groove back on?  and how horrible was it?  lol ;)  thanks!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com

Re: how many weeks post-partum did you and DH first have sex?

• I've been wondering this too - I've been on pelvic rest since BFP. BOOOO!!!
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • It was 12 or 13 weeks for us, and the first time was BAD. :( My advice... use LOTS of lube and take your time!
  • Loading the player...
  • 9 weeks, as soon as my dr. said everything looked good. And it wasn't horrible. I little painful, but not bad. We hadn't had sex the whole 9 months, I had horrible m/s then at 19-20 weeks the dr. say no sex at all.
  • 7 weeks exactly.  It wasn't bad but it was great either.  Lots of lube has been the key!! I actually enjoy sex now!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We haven't had sex since last July. (  I really missit.  Bleeding  1st trimester caused me to be too paranoid to do it.  I had a c-section so I'm wondering if it will still be so painful? It's only been 2 weeksso I'm not about to try it now but maybe at 4-6 weeks is reasonalbe?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • we waited until 6wks pp and I had a c/s.  Just a warning: buy some KY.  Never needed b/f then but for the first couple times it was a must.  Those first couple times, not so fun but eventually it all comes back
  • We did it four weeks PP.  It did hurt.  It felt alot like the first time I ever had sex.  It was definitely better the second time, and continued to get better.  I would say 3 months after it was totally normal.

• I often wonder about this too.  We have had zero sex during this pregnancy.  First I was too scared to, and then I had bad nausea and vomiting issues until about 18 weeks.  Then I was too tired.  Then we were told no sex.  :(   It is crazy because I actually have a really high sex drive right now, but can't do anything about it.  I'm really looking forward to sex again.  Hopefully it won't be too horrible pp and we won't have to wait too too long.
  • It was 6 weeks PP for us and it didn't hurt at all.  I had a 4th degree tear and was amazed.  I was sooo ready to get back into the groove of things since pregnancy sex was so difficult.  I was shocked it didn't hurt after all the horror stories I had heard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • One of the benefits of a c-section. I hope to be back in the game in another 3 weeks :)
  • c-section mama's be careful - just because a baby didn't come out of there doesn't mean things will be the same :) 

we didn't with DS till about 12 weeks pp just because we were too busy at the hospital... when we did it was not good and hurt quite a bit. 

use lots and lots of lube.

• it was 4 months PP for us- but i had a 4th degree tear and was scared to death to do it.... I was given the OK at my 6w checkup- but couldn't even think about it for a while longer.  DH was great about it- and i did "help him out" a few times, too :)

it wasn't horrible the first time - but certainly not great- esp for me- i was too nervous to enjoy it- and it did hurt a tiny bit... we used lube for the first few times doing it after that.

• 2 weeks after my c-section. I'm not gonna lie, it hurt like crazy, but was totally worth it!
    IUI # 1 on 1/19, Beta 2/1 = BFN, Hysteroscopy on 2/15= 5 polyps removed, and cervix cleared, IUI #2 on 4/15 = BFP, Beta#1 on 4/30 @ 15 dpiui= 279, Beta #2 on 5/9 @24dpiui = 10,154, U/S on 8/5 = TWO GIRLS! Born 10/16 at 28 weeks. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • after reading this, i think i'm going to get very drunk before having sex for teh first time pp :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ummm...11 days Embarrassed  But I had a c-section and I freaked out in the middle of it and didn't let DH "finish" because I was afraid of infection. 

Ditto everyone else about the lube.  1 year later and I'm not bf-ing anymore and I still need more lube than I ever needed before.

• Ummm...we still haven't (hanging my head...).  I had a difficult labor:  41 hours, 2.5 hours of pushing, two attempts at using the vacuum, an episiotomy and a second degree tear.  Add that to the exhaustion of having a newborn and working full time, I guess I'm just not ready.  But I hope to be soon...
  • 6 weeks exactly.  But it hurts for a little while; however the more you do it the less it hurts.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

After 21 cycles, and severe MFI, we finally did it with IVF #1 w/ICSI! Nico arrived 12/3/08!!!
    TTC for #2: IVF w/ICSI #2-4/17/10-BFN; IVF w/ICSI #3; 7/4/10-BFP!!! Beta #1- 96; Beta #2-528; Beta #3- 7371; 6w,5d-blited ovum=D&C :(
    IUI #2 1/10/11-BFN; IUI #3 2/18/11-BFN
    IVF #4 w/ICSI & PICSI ER 5/13/11, ET 5/1/118-BFP!! Natalee arrived on 1/23/12!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Blog: Miracles Can Happen
    Parenthood Blog: The Adventures of Nico & Natalee
  • We started at 6 weeks pp, first few times hurt, but after that we were actually having sex more than before lol...but now haha...it's back to the old way, but still good.
  • we tried at 10 weeks and it was awful, so we stopped.. we tried again at 13 weeks and it was better....

• 6.  We were nervous, but once we got going it was, and continues to be, wonderful.
  • 8 weeks and it sucked.  I was exhausted and it hurt.  It took several months for it to feel right again. 
    twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• 7 or 8 weeks, I think.  And it was rockin'. 

In fact, we probably enjoyed ourselves a little too much, seeing as Numero Due was conceived 13-14 weeks after I had Numero Uno.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We tried at 3wks and my c/s area was still too sore!

We finally did at 4.5 wks. You don't have to wait as long with a csection as long as you are ok doing it while bleeding, I bleed forever, like 7 wks, then got my period a week later.

• 6 weeks for us and we didn't have an issue. ?I used lube and it take a while for things to feel like old times again.
  • I was given the ok at 5.5 weeks. It was not that bad just make sure you have a lot of lube and he starts out really slow! Its been just like old times:)~
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • we did it at 5 weeks (with ob approval) It was a bit dry, lube was necessary, but it got better quick! (this was with a csection)
    2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 3 weeks after a vaginal delivery with a tiny tear, it was great! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"