Pregnant after a Loss

How do you keep from worrying?

I know this is probably asked a lot but I was a worrier even before my PG and m/c, and I'm having such a hard time focusing on the positive. Please tell me it gets easier as you get farther along!

Re: How do you keep from worrying?

• Girl, I hope so too! It's all I thnk about, then I have to make myself think positive thoughts!!
  • I know how you feel. I get excited when my bloodwork comes back good but then start worrying all over again. I think I will relax when there is a heartbeat. Once I see that it will make this different from my last pregnancy and hopefully calm me.
  • Loading the player...
  • It gets a lot easier. Keep saying the mantras to yourself. If you need me to post them let me know and I will. Once you see your little one, you will feel better. And then you will better when you get past the date of your 1st m/c. And you will feel even more confident once you can hear baby's h/b on the doppler.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kimmie-if you could post the mantras that would be great, I was going to ask for them the other day. Thanks!
  • I dont' think the worrying ever fully goes away but it changes. The 1st trimester I was so afraid of losing the baby. Then 2nd tri got so much better except the day of my 20wk u/s I was a basketcase. Everything is great with my little one but there's different worries now like keeping him in there for another 14wks or worrying about if I'll be a good mom to him. Just remember to take it one day at a time and breath. Yes the innocence of pregnancy is gone but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to enjoy every second of it.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • One day at a time! It was so hard for me b/c I had 2 first trimester losses so I needed to get through those milestones and I had a stillborn, 2nd tri. loss so that time with very scary...I am now 6wks past that marker and feeling a bit better. He moves a lot and that is reassurance to me....just hang in there and know we have all been there and are here to support each other!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"