Breastfeeding

up all night?

my DS BF every 2 hrs including nights. By when will he start sleeping longer. How about a schedule? When to start? I will be starting work in 3 weeks. Ds is 4 wks old. Help!!! TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: up all night?

• Every kid is different! You can't really impose a schedule on them at this point- especially with BF! My DS started STTN at 4 weeks, but he was also 11+ lb at that point, which I hear helps. MOST BF babies are still nursing every 2-4hrs for quite a while.

We did start to do a bedtime routine of a bath, lotion, swaddle and nursing in the dark/quiet and that seems to help. 

As far as work- can you pump and take nighttime shifts with DH? That's what our plan is/was- not so much a factor now! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • There is no magic weight or age to help him sleep longer. At 4 weeks DS was pretty much running the show over here. If you pump maybe your DH can help out with a feeding at night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Not until four months. Just part of the deal.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"