High-Risk Pregnancy

~~~~~Bedrest Mama Checkin~~~~~

Here is a list of nesties who can commiserate together during bedrest. Nothing better to do, right? Share your story, progress, news, and any ideas of how to keep yourself busy. Check in will occur each day on the High Risk Pregnancy Board usually around 1:00 Eastern.

Post back with your info if you'd like to be added to the list.

Name: SL_Sue

EDD: 02/25/09

Type of BR: modified -- I have earned more "priviliges"

Since when: 19 weeks (October!)

Reason: PROM

Name: reiljen

EDD: 4/10/09 (will be induced on 3/10/09)

Type of BR: strict

Since when:  16 weeks

Reason: PIH, Pre-term Labor

Name: March Baby

Due Date: March 13th

Type of BR: strict?

Since When: 36 weeks

Reason: seeing spots (they think PIH)

Name:  Carolinababy

EDD: 3/14/09 (but will be induced soon)

Type of BR: strict- shower, restroom

Since when: Wednesday 2/11

Reason: Pre-e

Name:  BabyC1

EDD: 3/17/09

Type of BR: strict- shower, restroom, eat

Since when: 2/25

Reason: high bp and protein in my urine -- they haven't said I have pre-e yet, but I have several of the symptoms. 

Name:KatGapp

EDD: 3/20/09

Type of BR: at home with limited sitting,standing,etc.

Since when: 32 weeks

Reason: preterm contractions

Name: alisonschlabach (Alison)

Due Date: March 22 (but they're planning on taking her at 37 weeks)

Type of BR: modified -  I'm able to use the bathroom and shower, just this week they are letting me make short trips out of the house for no more than an hour a day

Since When: 32 Weeks

Reason: PIH and more than 4 contractions in an hour

Name: Sarahb34743 (Sarah)

EDD: 3/23/09

Since when: 24 wks

Reason: Contractions

Name: Matkinson08 (Michelle)

EDD: 3/23/09

Since When: 32 wks 4 days

Type of BR: moderate - bed to couch and bathroom, quick showers, can leave the house for short periods once or twice a week, no driving and no work (apparently these are too stressful)

Reason: Preterm Contr., PIH, Possible PreE

Name: j&jp

EDD 3/24/09

Type of BR: Modified. Allowed more privileges at 36 weeks.

Since when: 21 weeks, 4 days

Reason:  signs of preterm labor -  contractions and slightly dilated.  Also concerned with growth since I have 2 fibroids directly under my placenta.

Name: lizzy07

Since when: 34 weeks

Reason: Pre-term labor

Name: Lyssbobiss

EDD: March 25

Type of bedrest: Hospital - only trips to and from the bathroom allowed

Since when: 35 weeks

Reason: PIH

Name:  Bellisimo

EDD: 4/1/09 (but c-section scheduled for 3/26)

Since when: week 32

Reason: Premature labor at 32 wks. (2 cm. 50% effaced)

Name: nurseamy

EDD: 3/27/08

Type of BR: Strict w/ bathroom privileges. Allowed more privileges 2/26 (36 weeks)

Since when: just started at 27 weeks and 5 days

Reason: Incompetent Cervix, Funneling

Name: KT31408

Due Date: 3/27/09

Since When: 35 weeks 5 days

Reason:PIH

Name: jtotten

EDD: 3/29/08

Type of BR: Strict w/ bathroom privileges.

Since when: 16 weeks

Reason: Incompetent Cervix, Funneling - Have a cerclage

Name: MissesRootbeer

EDD: 3/29/09

Type of BR: Have to keep feet up, will go over/modify plan of action at each doctor visit.

Since when: 28w 3d

Reason: PIH, possibility of pre-e developing

Name: oliviasprettymommy

Due date: march 29th

Since when: 31 weeks

Reason: pih

Name: Asnowracer

EDD: 3/30/09

Type of BR: Strict

Since when: 25w5d

Reason: Shortened Cervix/Funneling-No cerclage

Name: hejst4

EDD: 03/31/09

Type of BR: modified

Since when: 02/18/09

Reason: high blood pressure

Name: banbear2

EDD: 4/8/09

Since when: 24 weeks (12/19/08)

Reason: I lost first pregnancy when my water broke at 20 weeks due to an infection.  This pregnancy I had a shortened cervix and pre-term labor starting at 24 weeks.

Name: Cath&Brian (Catherine)

Due Date: 4/10/09 (twin pregnancy, they won't let me go past 38 weeks-doubt I'll make it!)

Type of BR: strict.  Hospital bedrest from 27w0d to 32w0d.  Home now; hopefully for a few weeks. Bathroom & Shower privleges.

Reason: Frequent contractions (I'm alternating oral Terbutaline & Nifedapine every 2 hours around the clock) and Incompetant Cervix (.8cm during contraction at 27w6d).  

NAME:  Cher (glmgrl09)

EDD:    4/12/09  Easter baby

SINCE:  27 weeks 

REASON:   Signs of preterm labor -  contractions and slightly dilated. (2cm at last visit)

Name: christiney06

EDD: 4/13/09

Type of BR: Hospital

Since when: 30w4d

Reason: Pre-e

Name: xoJayBa

EDD: 4/15/09 -- Tax Day!

Type of BR: Pretty strict. Can't leave my house. Only allowed to get up to use the bathroom.

Since when: 24 weeks. Christmas night to be exact.

Reason: Placental Abruption.

Name: TrinaKay (Trina)

Due date:  April 15th

Type of BR: Light. Can move to couch and fix own drinks or light lunch.

Since when:  33 weeks.

Reason:  GD, PIH, protein in urine. Possible Pre-E.

Name:  50yrsORbust

EDD: May 8, 2009, but dr. won't let me go past 37 w (April 17)

Type of BR: it keeps changing. I go from strict to modified where I am allowed to leave the house to either a.)go out to eat or b.)go to a movie once a week.  

Since When: Oct. 26, 2008, I was just 12 weeks.

Reason: PIH

Name: KerrBearr

EDD: 4/17/09

Type of BR: can shower, make sandwich and go to bathroom. Reviewed at each appointment along with internal check.

Since when: 32wks

Reason: pre-term contractions and baby is head down VERY low

Name: Soon2bMcdaniel

EDD: 4/19/09

Type of BR: No longer working, Must rest all day and keep feet up.

Since When:  25w 3d

Reason:  Pre-term labor, contractions, thinning cervix and cerclage, positive test with fetal fibernectin test.

Name:  LizMiller1

EDD: April 20th

Since: Jan 31st. 28w5d

Type of BR:  Modified

Reason:  Bleeding due to marginal placenta previa & weekend hospitalization.

Name: Libstobe

EDD: 4/21/09

Type of BR: Hospital

Since when: Was first put on at 15 weeks, taken off at 21 weeks, put back on at 22 weeks for the duration of my pregnancy.

Reason: Bleeding due to placenta previa 

Name: savannah11

EDD: 4/22/09

Type of BR:  strict, with bathroom and shower privileges

Since when: 28 weeks

Reason: shortened cervix, contractions

Name: Gretchen*loves*Michael

EDD: 4/24/09

Type of BR:  home bedrest with bathroom priveledges, can shower e/o day, can come downstairs once a day to lay on couch all day

Since when: 28w 4d

Reason: pre-term frequent contrax and spotting which subsided after 36 hours in hospital.  positive FFN test.  (twin pgcy)

Name: tinideni

EDD: 4/25/09

Type of BR: Modified

Since when: 28w2d

Name: lovesweetlove07

Due Date: April 25th

Since When: Week 18 (end of November)

Type of Bedrest: Moderate. Am able to make a quick sandwich, take a shower, etc.

Reason: Have a 8.5 cm fibroid on my uterus that causes contractions. (Susceptible to pre-term labor)

Name: Britany (lilwifey2be)

EDD: 4/25/09

Type of BR: Was on watch in hosptial for 4 days with magnesium treatments and steroid shots.  Now home on strict bedrest with bathroom and once a day shower priveleges. 

Since when: 30 weeks 1 day

Reason: partial placental abruption, preterm labor, 2-3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. 

Name: Courtneyaok

EDD: 4/28/09

Type of BR: Modified

Since when: 23wks

Reason: Spotting/Twin pregnancy

Name: Mrs S

EDD: 4/29/09, will probably have C-section around 38-39 weeks due to hip complications I was born with.

Since when:  week 29, Monday 2/9. Released from hospital yesterday after 48 hours of observation.

Reason: Placenta ubruption, bleeding.

Type of BR: only trips to bathroom, shower and can make a small, quick meal when I'm home alone. No housework, lifting or driving. Going to Dr's weekly, having non-stress testing twice a week. First one is on Saturday.

Name: Buckeyethor

EDD: April 29

Type of BR: strict bedrest. allowed to use bathroom plus 10 min showers.

Reason: Pre-E (GD too)

Name: momto4boys

EDD: 5/1/09 - but but have never gone past 34 weeks

Type of BR: home for now because I have a home health care nurse with Matria: Monitor contractions 3 times a day and I have a Terbutaline Pump

Since when: 13w6d, went in hospital 20w0d, and came home 23w1d

Reason: preterm labor due to contractions and funneling cervix. Cervix is 2.38cm long, I am allowed to have 6 contractions an hour without getting extra meds.

Name: Katiepitt

EDD: May 4, 2009

Type of BR: Strict-hospital

Since when: 1/19/09

Reason: I am pregnant with fraternal twins (2 girls.) I was hospitalized in Abilene at 25 weeks because my cervix went from a 3.8 to less than a 1 in four days and I was funneling. I was transported by ambulance a couple of days late after a positive FFN and have been at Harris Methodist in Fort Worth ever since. They didn't expect me to make it to 28 weeks and I'm almost to 31! Who knows when these girls will decide to make their debut!

Name: DDK513

EDD: 5/5/09

Type of BR:  light/modified

Since when: 23 wks

Reason: bicornuate uterus --> high risk of preterm labor

Name: Rach*champ*3-1

EDD: May 6

Since when: 28 weeks

Reason: Pre-term labor (twin pregnancy)

Name:  Yummy Sushi Pajamas (Heather)

Due date:  May 9

Since when:  19 weeks

Reason:  Incompetent cervix, cervical funneling

Name: vaAnnie (Annie)

EDD: 5/12/2009

Type of BR: Light... I can shower, make lunch, use bathroom, etc., but any time possible I need to be laying down.

Reason:  Irritable uterus.  I had contractions three minutes apart yesterday until I received three doses of terbutaline.  They sent me home with oral terb which seems to be doing the trick.  My cervix is still long and closed, although a bit soft.  My doc will re-evaluate me and my bed rest instructions at my regular appointment next Tuesday. 

Since when:  29 weeks  

Name: shertom

EDD: 5/13/09

Since when: 21w

Reason: contractions, shortened cervix, 2 fibroids causing these problems

Name:  Omahabridetobe

EDD: 5/15/09

Type of BR: modified-able to leave house occasionally

Since when: 2/19

Reason: preterm labor, shortening cervix (now 2.37cm.)  I was working 12 hour shifts on my feet and having contractions.

name - bnv (virginia)

edd - may 19th

BR - complete 

since - Jan 3rd

reason - incomp cervix, cerclage placed 1/3

Name:  MegDC

EDD: 5/20

Type of BR: modified bedrest (can move about the house) and will get evaluated week to week.

Reason: Dynamic cervix with pre-term contractions

Name: buggles

EDD: 5/25/09

Type of BR: hospital bedrest w/ bathroom privileges, released to home bedrest 2/27

Since when: 21w5d

Reason: history of preterm delivery with 2nd pregnancy at 21 weeks due to chorioamnionitis, this pregnancy: cerclage after 1st tri. but showed shortened cervix and funneling on day of hospital admission

Name:  MrsDeLovely

EDD: June 3, 2009

Type of BR: Light- Allowed to work, but off feet for afternoons and weekends; only driving to and from work, restricted lifting under 15 lbs.

Since When: December 18

Reason: bicornuate uterus- risk of preterm labor, contractions at 16 weeks, placenta previa and protein in urine

Name:  Kikis7780

EDD: June 7, 2009

Type of BR: Strict- but can get up to use restroom and shower for 5 minutes

Since When: Jan 14

Reason: shortened cervix- had cerclage on Jan 15

Name: MStason

EDD:

Type of BR:

Since when: 25w3d

Reason: Little fetal growth

Name: ~PrincessBride2

EDD: 6/9/09

Type of BR: strict, but i can shower

Since when: 13 weeks

Reason: bleeding due to placenta previa and partial placental abruption

Name:  daisy22 (Wendy)

Due date:  June 9th

Since when:  24 weeks

Type of bedrest: At home. I can get up for the bathroom, quick shower once a day, and get to my own drinks. I can't do anything else around the house or go anyway.

Reason:  bleeding and cramping, placenta has pulled away some which is causing my uterus to have spasms.

Name: LNinlove

EDD:

Since when: 18 w

Reason: Shortened cervix, with cerclage

Name: Chocolatechip06

EDD:

Since when: 16w4d

Reason: Early dilation/effacement, cerclage placed,  twin pregnancy

Name: JCM (Joie)

EDD: 6/14/2009

Type of BR: Strict (bathroom and bathing only) at home trying to avoid hospital bed rest and weekly doctor appointment

Since when:  24 weeks 1 day (February 23rd)

Reason: IC due to funneling

Name: KittyCatRollerMoM (Cat)

Due date:  6/14

Type of BR: moderate, can use bathroom and shower, allowed to move to couch and get own drinks/snack when home alone. also allowed one dinner at a restaurant per week.

Since when:  24 weeks

Reason:  shortened cervix, funneling.

Name: Prima&Gee

EDD: 6/21/2009

Type of BR: modified

Since when: 14 weeks

Reason: previous ptl, PPROM, incompetent cervix, cerclage, TWINS!!!!

Name: schmoodle

EDD: 7/1/09

Type of BR:  light/modified

Since when:16w2d

Reason: history of preterm delivery (lost last pregnancy unexpectedly at 23 weeks), possible cervical issues and placenta previa.

Name: bkb2003

EDD: 7/11/2009 (scheduled c-section 7/3)

Type of BR: Light/modified 

Since when: 19 weeks

Reason: PTL - Timeable contractions but thankfully not dilated yet, goal to get to 24 weeks and then start on anti-contraction meds

Name:  MCGMK (Michelle)

Due date:  July 15

Since when:  13 weeks

Reason:  Incompetent cervix

Add any updates!

****Question of the Day******

Flame Free Vent/Confession Time! What's bugging you?

Re: ~~~~~Bedrest Mama Checkin~~~~~

• I wish my DH would do a lot of things right now but he is so busy working on the basement that doesn't need to be worked on. I just wrote out a huge vent but I sounded like a real peach so I deleted it.

I just wish he would take the christmas reindeer off the porch and put it somewhere. Its freaking March and it's embarrassing me.

Tomorrow is the day he's spending all day with ME. Not working on the basement, not "studying" AKA googling dumb stuff on the internet, but spending some actual time with me.

• QOTD:  Definitely what bugs me the most is my MIL.  She is very much a control freak and wants things her way..and thinks she knows more than even my dr.  During bedrest she was driving me nutso.  she would tell me what i should and should not be doing.  She basically thought she knew better than my dr, whom I trust so much.  She would get mad that I sometimes went twice a week to the office...once for OB visit, once for sono (tech and dr aren't in the office at the same time due to small office).  She wanted to call and insist they be there at the same time.  She would lecture me everytime she called about not getting up unecessarily even though I wasn't.  I am a pediatric nurse, and feel I am well educated about the consequences of not following drs orders...I knew i had to do what was told of me cuz I was so afraid of having a very premature baby...since I see them.  So all the telling me what to do crap really bothered me cuz I am a highly intelligent, educated person.  We also had issues with her and getting the nursery done cuz of her religious beliefs even though her son doesn't mind the nursery getting done beforehand.  There were many weeks I called my mom and told her that my MIL wasn't gonna survive by the end of the week.  Ok vent over.

Update:  today i'm feeling pretty good being off bedrest.  We just spent the morning meeting with a prospective in home childcare which seems like it could work out.  She was very nice and seemed very reasonable.  She will work with my crazy nursing schedule since I can't commit to days.  Then I went to the baby furniture store and payed off the balance since it's being delivered on monday.  We also went out to lunch and visited my BIL's new home (I am the only one who hasn't seen it cuz they moved in a couple weeks after I went on bedrest.  I am taking a little break now and waiting for my mom to show up..she is coming here til I deliver (she lives 5 hrs away).  I am sure I'll crash tonight.

• Loading the player...
  • Oh I have another one. I have a friend who has been wonderful this whole time, calling me almost every day and coming to visit whenever she can. (she lives a half hour away).

She's been cancelling on me a lot lately, she totally doesn't get how much I look forward to it. Jeebus, I plan my outfits around her visit (no frumpy clothes that day, which them makes me uncomfortable laying in jeans all day) She promised to come for lunch and it's 1:30. I talked to her this morning and she mentioned going out these evening with friends but then had to go real quick b/c my mom was on the other line. Now she isn't answering. I know she's going to cancel on me.

You know what, if you're not coming, then #$^$%^ tell me. Yes or no. I am lonely and it doesn't help that you leave me hanging thinking I *might* have a visitor, just be up front about it.

• By far, the most annoying thing is that my MIL (who lives 3 miles away from us) has called DH 2 times in the last month or so, since I've been home on bedrest. She never calls to see if he needs anything or if she can help with anything. When I was in the hosptial, she was there every day- for 5 days, but now that we're at home, she hasn't made any effort.

And, my SIL, who lives 1.5 miles away from us- same thing- hasn't called DH once to see whats going on.

We got to the perinatalogists every single Monday- they NEVER call to see what the doctors said. It just makes me feel bad for DH because I know it bothers him that his family isn't too involved.

?

?

• Can I join you ladies?  Here is my info:

Name: MoFinn

EDD: 9/29/2009

Type of BR: light/modified I can sit up just need to stay off my feet.  Can work from home.

Since when: yesterday

Reason: Bleeding due to SCH, 4 previous m/c, and identical twins

I'm so glad this board is here.  I'm only 9w4d and today is my 1st full day on BR and I don't know how I will get through it.  I'm sure having you ladies will help.

RQ:  What annoys me is not being able to enjoy my pregnancy because I'm constatly worrying about what could go wrong.  

• What's bugging me? Aside from my thinking of the possible awful outcomes of this pregnancy.

1. My guilt in not being able to care fully for my 2yo.

2. My H's methods in getting things done. That is, although he gets things done, it's when they get done- not ASAP but later his reasoning being b/c there's no rush. This is esp. bugging with me being on bedrest (although this attitude he has can be ironically calming when needed).

3. Not having our own home just yet (granted we recently moved).

Ok. That's it. I'll stop at three.

Any updates?

Just started home bedrest from the hospital yesterday after 6 weeks. Got about 10 more to go! Thanks asnowracer for updating this for me.

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • Nurseamy I think I may somehow be related to you.  We appear to have the same MIL!!!  Mine is a control freak as well.  When I was in the hospital she dusted for me.  And rearranged all my stuff the way SHe THOUGHT it should be and openly admitted it.  AND, I haven't been able to change it back!!!!!!!  When I first went on bed rest she called twice a day to check on me.  She also bought the baby an outfit to bring her home in.  It says I love grandma.  And then TOLD me that's what she would wear.  But somehow I might forget to pack it........

My other vent is that since I came home from the hospital apparently my friends feel I don't need to be visited anymore.  Everyone came when I was there and since I've been home just a few have come over.  Vent over!

• QOTD: one of my MAJOR annoyances right now is our roommate. here's the backstory:

before being pg and through my 1st tri, H and I lived above a bar with our roomie. it was a fine and dandy dwelling for 3 carefree 20-somethings, but obviously not appropriate for a newborn (or two, in our case). 

we found our current apt and were approved to move in in a very short period of time, so as not to leave our roommate homeless we offered to let him stay with us until he figured out where to live, or until the end of march (because we need the 2nd bedroom for the babies, obviously).

he has chosen to NOT find a new place to live until the end of march!  i am beyond annoyed. i'm 25 weeks pg, and haven't been able to start my nursery yet because he is still living here! i've been very firm about letting him know he WILL be out of here by the last weekend of the month (my parents are coming from MI with a ton of baby stuff and we are buying the nursery furniture that weekend also). I have also told him that if the babies decide to make a very early appearance before the end of march (hopefully NOT), even if they have to stay in the NICU, he will be moving out whenever that happens. 

i know he has other people he could stay with. he choses to stay in our current place because he loves it. i love it too, that's why IT'S MY APARTMENT! seriously, it took me less than a week to find this place, contact about a viewing, actually viewing it, fill out the app, and get approved. GET OUT OF MY HOUSE ALREADY!!!!!!!

*vent over*

• No updates for me.

QOTD:All of my complaints are trivial and it is ALL worth it to get this baby here alive, but here goes. I hate our couch. HATE it. And I have to sit on it 12 hours a day. The cushions are all misshapen and flattened by our cats and it is filthy. I hate that I can't have sex with my husband. I miss leaving the house and going out to eat and shopping and getting dressed cute. I miss my job and feel like I'm losing IQ points daily, and I hate daytime TV. Haha - probably all stuff you could all relate to!

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • aside from  all the normal hospital BR vents, horrible food...10 TV channels, not being in MY house.  My biggest gripe is being kept awake all night by sceaming babies that don't belong to me!!  I am so jealous of all these new moms and even though I know it is best to keep my little guy in there as lonbg as possible, I want to see him and be done already!!!
    imageimage

• Ok so since I have been on bedrest everyone has been really helpful, but its also made things really stressful.  My MIL wants to come over here and clean our house, do our laundry, and cook dinner.  I really really appreciate the offer, but it really stresses me out to have her doing my laundry and doing things in my house.  She thinks DH can't handle it and shouldn't have to do those things.  Which I think is rediculous!  DH has been amazing through all of this and has always helped me with the housework and dinner.  But she babies him big time and its really annoying to me sometimes. 

For example, I went into preterm labor at 30 weeks a couple weeks ago.  I was bleeding really bad, and absolutely scared to death.  DH and I were trying to figure out what was going on and the dr was tossing out words like emergency c-section, NICU, abruption, and other things you don't want to hear at all, let alone 10 wks before your due date.  So the nurses are trying to work on me and get me on Mag to stop my contractions that were 2 min. apart, put a catheter in, and the entire time this is going on my MIL is asking every nurse to check DH's blood pressure. DH was trying to calm me down and we were trying to figure out the best thing to do for our baby.  She apparently thought it was all too tramatic for him and was ignoring the fact that the nurses were trying to take care of me quickly and was just worried about DH? DH kept telling her he was fine, and I knew he was.  I was thinking "not to be selfish, but can we focus on me and the baby right now? Get the hell out of here!!"  Of course I didnt say that but I wanted to. 

So lastly she has made another attempt to help.  She works at a local department store and calls me the other day and says, "Addelyn no longer needs a carrier, stroller, swing, packnplay, or high chair".  Obviously, I was speechless.  She said that I could take all of the stuff off my registry because she had it covered and it was all pink and grey.  She had got a great deal on all of it.  I was trying so hard to be grateful and not be a brat, but I was a lil upset because I had spent so much time picking out what I had wanted.  I picked out nuetral colors so I could reuse it all again if my next baby is a boy.  I also am just not a fan of bright pink and wanted some things that were going to look okay in my house.  So I bit my tongue and thanked her.  I still left everything on my registry though. So the other night she brings half of it over here and I looked at it all after she left, everything had patches sewn into all of it that says "Display Model, Not intended for sale or human use".  So I have absolutely no idea what to do about that. First, Im really worried that its not safe stuff.  You know when they put the display models together, they don't have to worry about regulations because they are not supposed to be used. 

Ugh, mostly I just needed to vent, but any ideas on how to deal with all of this would be helpful too.  She is very sensitive and I know she is going to make a big deal out of it. I know I should just "grow some" and probably tell her how I feel but i think it would honestly ruin things between her and I forever.  I don't want to piss DH off by attacking his mother or being "ungrateful".  I just don't know what to do but its driving me absolutely insane!!!!

Thanks for listening

• Man, I'm sorry about all the MIL and SIL issues, that's awful. There's nothing worse then not feeling support from family.

I have no baby updates.

QOTD:

My friend. She came to visit me in the hospital, I've been home for 17 days and nothing. She lives down the driveway on the same property!!  She doesn't even ask how I am doing or how I'm feeling. I talk to her over email, I express something that I observed about the baby and she tells me I worry too much and to stop stressing myself out!! I'm not even stressing about it. I don't think it has anything to do with me, I think it has to do with her that she doesn't want to deal. She can make anything about her.

She doesn't ask how I spend my days or how things are going between DH and I. She tells me about her lap top and that she's excited cause she bought a new one.  

I mean she doesn't even have time to ring my doorbell when she was leaving a magazine for me? It was in the morning on her way to work, but she could have waited till after work and popped in to say hi. She's made plans to go out every night after work and every weekend that I've been home. I don't expect people to drop everything in their lives for me. But a single friend with no kids who lives 50ft away can't even make the time to ask if I want some company? And just do something that we would have done together anyway (we both bead jewerly). I'm not into her seeing bands play at bars world even before I was pg, but for someone who is supposed to be a good friend where the hell is she?

• Mrs.S9102005-  Any chance that is she is jealous?  That is what it sounds like to me
  • I'm not sure. It's possible, she hasn't had much luck with guys. She and her bf have been dating for a couple of years and I'm not sure when/if they have any wedding plans. She doesn't want to push him. I actually like him, I hope they do end up together.

I think it bugged her a lot that her little sister had a baby before her and eventually got married (even though it wasn't under the best of circumstances in the beginning, but it all worked out).

So yeah in the past few years, I got married and now I'm pg, maybe she is.  

I know what it is like to see people around me get the things that I hope to have, I just never imagined kind of blowing someone off totally when they were in a tough situation.  

• imagechristiney06:
    aside from  all the normal hospital BR vents, horrible food...10 TV channels, not being in MY house.  My biggest gripe is being kept awake all night by sceaming babies that don't belong to me!!  I am so jealous of all these new moms and even though I know it is best to keep my little guy in there as lonbg as possible, I want to see him and be done already!!!

Ugh that must be so hard. I can't even imagine how hard it is to do long term. The woman across the hall from me had her baby when I was at the hospital and all the relatives were going in and out, heard the baby cry for awhile. I had to have DH close my door cause I couldn't take it.

My friend just had her baby the other day, it was the right time for her, but seeing her in the pictures brought tears to my eyes. Tears of joy her and family, but also tears of inpatience for me. All I can do is think about holding my little guy and I just wish it would come already, but know at the same time, he's too little and I want him to come at the right time. It's such a hard feeling to deal with.

• update for me.

EDD is 7/23/09

on bedrest since 2/9/09

thanks 

celine

• They finally gave us a high risk board!!!! Sorry girls, I'm just checking in to get an update on everyone... I'm trying to emerge from my first week of motherhood... exhausted, but I survived it. lol! Baby Evan is awesome! I didn't see J&JP update...anyone know what's happening with her? Did she have her baby? I feel so out of the loop. How is everyone else doing? When did The Bump get the high risk board set up?
  • imageMrs.S9102005:

I'm not sure. It's possible, she hasn't had much luck with guys. She and her bf have been dating for a couple of years and I'm not sure when/if they have any wedding plans. She doesn't want to push him. I actually like him, I hope they do end up together.

I think it bugged her a lot that her little sister had a baby before her and eventually got married (even though it wasn't under the best of circumstances in the beginning, but it all worked out).

So yeah in the past few years, I got married and now I'm pg, maybe she is.  

I know what it is like to see people around me get the things that I hope to have, I just never imagined kind of blowing someone off totally when they were in a tough situation.  

I understand what you mean.  I expected people to be around more too when I went on bedrest but no one wants to just sit at our house with us so now that we can't go do anything they just don't call.  Kind of an awakening I guess. 

Anyways, I saw that you had an abruption.  I went in to L&D with extreme bleeding, preterm labor, at 30 weeks. They told me that they could not tell if the bleeding was from an abruption or from me dilating (im 2-3cm dilated and 50% effaced).  However I lost A LOT of blood so im pretty convinced it wasn't from dilation.  I was just curious what happened with you during your abruption.  Were you dilated afterwards, how did they KNOW it was an abruption, did you go into preterm labor when it happened?? 

My hospital completely sucked at giving me any information and none of my doctors really know what happened, i was just hoping hearing your story might help me figure out if that was similar to what happened to me. 

• What bothers me right now is that I am worried about birth. I signed up for birth and breastfeeding classes and now I cant take them. I have been told I dont need a c/s so I want to be prepared but I dont know how to prepare now.

Name:  MStason (Mary)

Due date:  June 8

Since when:  25 weeks

Reason:  Not sure baby isnt growing enough but they say it isnt IUGR

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hey ladies! :)  i'm so glad this checkin is here now, instead of 3rd tri!  much easier to find and i get to read all of your replies :)

QOTD: well really i have no real complaints.  i am honestly happy and grateful, at least at the moment ;)  BUT.... i am sad that a vaginal birth is almost entirely ruled out at this point.  and jealous of women who get to have uncomplicated unmedicated deliveries.  but what can you do... it is what it is.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com
  • Can I be added?!

Name: Alpacabunny
    Due Date:  May 7
    Type of BR:  Modified: I can get up to use the bathroom, eat and shower.  I can only leave the house to go to the doctor, but I am allowed to drive myself there.  I can get up to move around the house a little bit, but if I have more than 6 contractions an hour I have to go in to be monitored.
    Since When: 25 weeks (January 22nd)
    Reason:  Preterm labor at 25 weeks with a twin pregnancy.  I take procardia every 6 hours. 

QOTD:  It is making me crazy that I can't do anything around the house to clean up and put things away to get ready for the babies.  My husband is rather slow to get things done when I ask him.  I know he works all week and then wants his time to relax but I just want the house to be clean and for things to be put away! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"