Baby Showers

would you do a shower early or risk not being able to go?

Just curious...I am pg with twins and we were hoping to make our last visit to our families (9-10 hr drive) in mid May when our work schedules have the flexibility to go for about 5-6 days & we also have a family event for MH's family that I'd love to make it to, since we always miss stuff living far away. I thought it would be great timing for a shower too (my mom has started asking about that) and would work out well all around. However, my OB has said that he'd prefer I don't travel then (I'd be around 24 weeks) although there is no way of  knowing how I'll be doing, of course. MH would still fly up for the family event (it's his family) in May.

The other option is to do the trip in April, when we'd have to drive up on a Thursday and then back on Sunday, and I would only be around 20 weeks by then. It seems so early to have a shower, god forbid something happens after that, I'm not very superstitious but it just seems sooo early.

Which would you do? A very early shower or a better timed shower with a decent possibility of not being able to go?
Thanks!

Re: would you do a shower early or risk not being able to go?

• I don't see that much difference in 20 or 24 weeks in regards to a shower being "early". Anything before 30 weeks seems pretty early to me. However, some situations warrant it, and yours seems like one of them.?
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think that you have good reason to have a shower early. I would try to wait until the 24 week mark. Especially if you are finding out the sex of the babies. It will give you time to register and allow you to have your big U/S before you have the shower. To me, a month later definitely makes a big difference for the shower timing. 

• Loading the player...
  • Being that your OB doesn't want you to travel at 24 weeks; I would say to just have it early at 20 weeks when it is ok for you to travel the distance. Yes it is kind of early, but people will understand. It will not give you much time to register for many gender specific things if you are finding out the sex of your twins, but there are lots of things out there that can be used for a girl or boy. Or you could always ask your OB if you can have your big U/S in the later part of week 18 early 19 to give you a few days to go and register for gender specific things. Good Luck!

• If the doc says to travel at 20 weeks instead of 24, I'd just have my shower at 20.  I don't think it's a big deal....people will understand why it's early and you'll probably feel less stress knowing that you have many of the things you'll need for your babies ahead of time  :)
  • I am having twins too and my shower was at 26 weeks.  My mom originally wanted to have it when I was 31 weeks but that was this past weekend and I have been in and out of the hospital with contractions so it would not have been possible.

With twins - the earlier the better.  You want to be able to enjoy the day and then be moblie enough after the shower to set up the babies' room and do your exchanges, laundry, etc. 

I would suggest to go with your doctors recomendations of 20 weeks and also trust your gut - you know what you will be capable of.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"