Infertility
Options

We got our appointment for our IVF consult but...

I am so excited! But confused!  We were able to get in on March 4th for our IVF Consult.  But I just got promoted at work!  I am going to be working with a new department.  I don't want to start immediately into IVF because I figured the stress of a new job and all would be too much. 

I figured I would keep the March 4th appointment and go through with the ultrasound and mock transfer but give myself two months before starting the process.  Or should I cancel the appointment and reschedule in May?  I just figured it would be best to go through this now just in case the ultrasound picked up a concern. 

Any thoughts woudl be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: We got our appointment for our IVF consult but...

• Options
    I would keep your consult. It usually takes me about 2 months to start cycling after a consult because I have to wait for insurance approval.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

It's probably going to take some time bfore you actually get to IVF anyway.  There is nothing rong with doing to consult now.  You might have bloodwork to redo and maybe some additional tests that you have to undergo before you even start about 3 weeks or so of bcps before your baseline.  So it could easily be a couple months before you'd be starting stims.

Good luck with the new job :)  How exciting!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks, ladies!  I wasn't sure if it was an immediate start after the consult so that is good to know that there might be time!  Yeah! I feel better!  Thanks!

And thanks, kgs, on the 'luck wish'!  I am really excited... and nervous... but really excited!  I'll be traveling more in the beginning so I was worried that that could be another added stress.  I feel better knowing that May would be a smoother month. :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd keep your consult as well.  The whole IVF process takes a while anyway.  Good luck!!
    After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree with the pp's and congrats on the new position
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"