Austin Babies
Options

***kim777***

i know  you sing the praises of kissaluves 0 for the newborns. i'm thinking that's what we might try w/ U2.

do you use a cover w/ those? if so, what kind?

Re: ***kim777***

• Options

I can tell you what we didn't like. ;) We used the Bummi's Super Whisper Wraps. They were great for us as far as not leaking, but I didn't like how the leg gussets rubbed horrible red marks on his legs. Wicking is also a common complaint from others, though we never had any problems with that. Plus, even their newborn size doesn't have a cord dip, which was a problem last time. I would roll them down, but they had a tendency to come back up and rub.

I have been doing lots of research to figure out what to try this time, so I do have a couple of suggestions. The two top picks seems to be Thirsties extra small and Proraps newborns (links below). They both have a cord dip. We are going to try a couple of each to start out and see what we like best. I have heard that the Thirsties run a little bit bigger, so there is a chance the extra small may not fit right off the bat. Bummis has also come out with a "new and improved" cover called Super Whisper Brites. They added a non-elastic leg gusset under the elastic one to try to get rid of the redness problem, but then they made them with one less layer than the old Bummis. So if wicking was a problem for so many before, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I am trying one out because I got it new at Austin Baby for the used price (had been washed, not worn), but I don't think that will end up being our main cover.

Proraps white - https://tinyurl.com/2flby5

Proraps colors - https://tinyurl.com/b4v8a2

Thirsties - https://tinyurl.com/dcwufs

I hope you like the kissaluvs. They worked really well for us! You'll also have to let me know if you find a cover you really like.

Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options

**butting in***

Kim777, do you use the kissaluv fitted or contour diapers for newborns?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used the fitted diapers. I haven't tried the contours. They are definitely more economical. I wonder if they hold in poop blowouts as well since they don't have leg gussets and if they rub the cord stump? The fitteds have a cord dip that you can button down when they are tiny and then unbutton once the stump falls off.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options
    Thanks for the info.  It seems that most CD mamas here use the fitted or pocket diapers over the contour or prefolds.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"