we were told Dash had a Level II brain bleed, but now they're saying it's more like a Level III and he is "at risk for developmental delays" and difficulties later in life.
He's stable and they're going to repeat the ultrasound on Monday to see if it has gotten worse over the weekend. If it has gotten worse, they're going to transfer him to the children's hospital for surgery to insert a reservior.
I know in my head that hearing that his bleed was worse than we first thought doesn't change all the progress he's made in this past week. But I still feel somehow that we've had a setback just knowing the possibility that he "could" and "might" have problems in the future.
(Our older son is speech delayed, so you'd think that we would be old hats at this developmental delay thing ... but it's still scary to have the foreknowledge ... will he be able to hold up his head? Will he walk? Talk? Have average intelligence? It's the Not Knowing that makes me ache the most.)