Adoption

F/U to work meeting

Well...one more thing in my life is changing.  I still have a few months but I will be 'wrapping up' this current job before the baby comes.
I have mixed feelings on it for sure but overall I feel good.  It became CRYSTAL CLEAR that the values of this company won't match the values of our family.  So...we'll see what happens

Re: F/U to work meeting

• Oh, ranita, I'm sorry it isn't going to work out.  I hope this turns out to be a very positive thing for you. 
  • *hugs*  I hope it works out for you!  FWIW, I have no idea if staying at home is at all a possibility, but for us, it's been worth the financial cut-backs.
  • Loading the player...
  • sorry it didn't work out.
    TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry. I am sure that whatever ends up happening will be in the best interest of your family.
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • That's too bad. At least you have some time to figure out your next move.
  • I'm sorry.  Crossed fingers that this turns out to be a total blessing in a little disguise.
    Mother's Day, 2011
  • Hi Ranita! ?I am so sorry that it didn't work out with your company. ?Good luck in your job search.

FWIW, I have a fairly high level corporate job that allows me to work from home as much as I want. ?I usually work from home 3 days a week, and go to the office the other two for face time. ?I don't know what type of job you have, but I have to warn you that it is nearly impossible to work from home AND take care of a baby. ?I have a full time nanny who comes even when I am working from home. ?

WAH is still a great arrangement, because I can take breaks to see my son anytime I want. ?However, I just wanted to let you know that you won't be able to give 100% to both if you try to WAH without child care.

?Keep looking. ?You will find a company that shares your values.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ohhhh....I just sighed  deep breath for you, Ranita.  You sound okay but this is a tough blow.  Employers...ugh!!!  As you know, it'll all work out for the best in time.  It's just hard to see on this end of the story. 

Best to you....

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Ranita, I was hoping that your employers would see things the same way as you do, so that you could reach an easy agreement.  Of course I don't know what type of job you have or was said during the meeting, but I'd like to throw out another option:  if relations between you and your employers haven't been irreparably damaged, maybe it's possible for you to play it by ear.

I would never advise a woman to accept family leave if she intends to leave immediately after, but my husband and I have decided that until we know what situation our child is in, we won?t have near enough facts to decide what type of care he will need once we bring him home.

The decision to work away from your child or not is an extremely personal one, and I?d never try to tell a parent what to do in that regard, but you might be surprised at how well your child adapts and adjusts to life in your home.  In fact, I?ve spoken to some adoptive parents who have stated that their children missed the interaction with the children at the orphanage so much, day care turned out to be the best option for their family.

Is it possible to keep your options open at this point, and wait to make the decision once your child is home with you?  That way, you might not have to make two huge life-changes at the same time.

• THanks for your kind words, ladies.  There's way too much personal stuff to get into but basically I was offered a position that would cut me back to less than HALF of what I now have and that position had a set start date, baby or no baby and I had the choice to take it or leave it.  Thus, I chose to leave it, because as many of you have said it's true that to WAH may not have been the best in the end but this being a take it or leave it option even BEFORE we get a referral, I had to say thanks but no thanks knowing that I'll find something else and basically we'll cross the baby bridge when we get there.  Between the time I have to finish up and the accumulated vaca pay I'm fine for about 4 months still so I don't feel panicked and the 'offer' if you can call it that was so diminishing that I want nothing to do with it.  It's the equivalent of being laid off.  DH and I will save pennies and see what happens but if I can be a SAHM that would be my dream come true and even if I can't WAH but can get a part time job somewhere ELSE for the same part time that they were offiering, it's worth the change...I could NOT stay there under the conditions...it was insulting.  But I'm ok...thanks again for all the support...if this is how they see me and my role I'd rather know now, ya know?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"