Working Moms

Any nightshift working mothers?

Both me and my husband work nightshift. I'm a R.N. and he's a Respiratory Therapist. I will be returning to work in a week which I am not looking forware to. I work 12 hr shifts and have never been away from DS more than a few hrs. DH and I will alternate days since we each work only 3 days a week. This gives us one day together during the week. Actually only a half a day since the one getting off will sleep most of the day. My concern is not having alot of time with my husband although it will allow bonding time for each of us with DS. Are there any other nightshift working families out there or anyone in a similiar postion.

Re: Any nightshift working mothers?

• DH and I work opposite shifts. He works from 6 to 2 am (cop), and I work a regular daytime shift. The only day we have off together during the week is Sunday. It's definitely difficult. DS doesnt allow either of us to get much done around this house when we're home with him so we're desperate to get things done on Sunday, but at the same time we just want to relax and spend time as a family. I know the payoff is each of us getting bonding time with DS and having him cared for by us during the day but there are many days when I'm jealous of the couples coming home to each other in the evenings and having more family time together.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • I am  :)  I'm a NICU nurse and work two nights/week.  DH is a firefighter and works 24 hour shifts.  I usually work the night shift of the day my DH gets off his shift.  Our schedules are crazy, but it's worth it (not spending money on daycare, bonding time with DS). 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a NICU nurse and work evening shift and my husband works during the day. I work 4 days a week from 3pm to 1am so I only see my husband 3 days a week and even on those days we are so busy doing other things we really do not have us time. It is hard but make sure you have a date night once a month just the two of you. Even if that means you do it after you put the baby to bed, and just have time for the 2 of you. I do not really like working different shifts but I do like the DS is only at the babysitters 12 hours a week.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"