High-Risk Pregnancy

Bedrest & Clothing

Hi ladies!  For those of you on BR do you lay around in your Pj's all day or do your put on clothing, bra and all? I am just wondering what I should be doing.  I know each person is different but tips from those of you that have been here longer are much appreciated. 

I showered on Tuesday before my Dr's appt and took a bath yesterday but I haven't even felt like brushing my hair today. :-{

How often do you have your sheets changed, all of those little things you know?!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bedrest & Clothing

• I always wear a bra except when I go to bed at night because I'm uncomfortable without it. Otherwise I pretty much wear pajamas/loungewear, except if I have visitors sometimes I put on jeans.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • I def. rock sweatpants and t-shirts.  I don't get dressed up until I have a doctor appointment.  My hair has been in a pony tail everyday since being on bed rest with the exception of appointments.  I know its bad, but oh well!  Oh, and I live in sports bras!
  • Loading the player...
  • I would wear stretchy pants/pajama pants and cotton stretchy shirts.  I wanted to be comfortable.  I would shower every day and then change what I was wearing...clothes, underwear, bra.  I wanted to feel fresh, it made my day better.  I then put my makeup on a side table and do it semi laying down...if i felt like it of course.  My hair I pretty much let it air dry and put up or keep down.  If I went to an appointment, then I'd wear jeans and a top and do my hair a little more and definitely put on makeup.  I tried wearing jeans on bedrest (actually laying down) and it just wasn't comfortable for me.
  • I lasted about a month in jeans and cute maternity shirts. I wanted to stay as normal as possible. I also extended my "shower time" and blowdried my hair. Then I had my make up bag near the couch.

Fast forward to now, I'm in stretchy pants and T-shirts. There is no blowdrying. No make up unless I'm going to a doctors appointment.

I have sleeping bras from BRU, they were $15 and look like a sports bra but allow for nursing. I believe they are made by Motherhood?

Best.Purchase.Ever. They also come in small medium and large so you can send someone to buy them for you.

• I wear shorts/ t-shirts every day.  the room I am in is pretty hot. I wear a bra , maybe 20% of the time!  they change my sheets for me every other day , which is good b/c I eat in the bed and it's crumb mania.  
    imageimage

• I wear pajamas just to sleep and then I change into sweats each day. I take a really quick shower each morning and if I'm in the mood, or if I'll have visitors that day, I'll put a little make-up on. I usually don't blow dry my hair- I just let it air dry and then put it back in a pony tail.

I think a big part in keeping sane during extended bed rest is to try to keep as normal of a routine as possible. It's helped me a lot! ?I've been on strict ?bedrest since 19 1/2 weeks and at first I just wore my PJ's all day and I didn't feel good at all. It was depressing.

?My Mom stays with us during the week to help out- she changes my sheets at least once a week- sometimes twice.?

?Good luck!?

• I have been trying to shower, put on cute loungey clothes and do my makeup just to feel normal. ?Nothing crazy, but it makes it seem more normal and has been nice when I had a surprise friend drop by this week.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • i wear pajama/lounge pants every day, but i almost always wear a "real" maternity top.  no bra, unless people are coming over ;)  i only do makeup when people are coming over, but i try to keep my hair looking at least ok on most days (all that means is that i brush it, no products or anything.)  i walk a fine line between true sloth and put-togetherness haha :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com
  • I just wear a t-shirt and sweat pants or pj's all day.  Bra only when people visit.  And I could care less about make-up or hair lol.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I think you should be as comfortable as you can be.

I shower everyday, but don't do my hair unless I'm going to the Dr's, NST or company comes. I wear jeans and a maternity shirt on those days too. I have short hair so I just dry the back and stick a hat on those days too. I really need a hair cut and my bangs are just not worth fussing with.  

I'm a Medical Assistant so I still hang aroud in my scrub bottoms or pj bottoms and wear a lot of DH's t-shirts, mine are pretty tight. Scrub bottoms are my favorite. I'm going to move on from the elastic to tie waste, the belly is growing!

Sometimes I wear a bra if my breasts are sore, the maternity bras really help me with that.

• I wear sweats all day.  I only wear a bra when I know people are coming over, I've found all my bras are too tight now anyway.  Sadly, I get excited when I have a doctor appt once a week because I wear regular maternity clothes and actually put make up on.

Man, I wish I had found all you bedrest ladies when I started on this 10 weeks ago!!!!

• Since I'm on hospital bed rest, I wear my own lounge clothes - loose fitting shirt and gaucho pants from Target. I make myself take a shower everyday because that's the only time I get to get out of my bed. One of my girl friend's freaked me out over getting saggy boobs, so I've been using a sports/nursing bra throughout the day and night.

And one of the perks of being in a hospital is that they change your sheets everyday.

• i was on home modified bedrest for 8 weeks and I pretty much wore either comfy pj pants/velour sweat pants and t shirts. I tried to shower every single day but sometimes took baths instead b/c they were more relaxing. I usually did not blow dry my hair but tried to at least put on powder and mascara daily. If i had doctor's appt (2x per week) I would wear jeans and a long sleeve maternity shirt and dry/fix my hair and wear makeup.

To me, comfort was key!!!

As for sheets, I usually had DH change them once per week.

I was bored at home but i miss not having to get dressed up for all those weeks plus maternity leave. Now i'm back at work and having to figure out what fits!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMissesRootbeer:
    I just wear a t-shirt and sweat pants or pj's all day.  Bra only when people visit.  And I could care less about make-up or hair lol.

this exactly Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"