Adoption

GTKYF - Where do you vacation

I live in Barbados (in the Caribbean) I just love Miami. Thinking about visiting other places now.

Lana

Re: GTKYF - Where do you vacation

• we've been all over.. we went to hawaii this passed summer "just because" ( we knew it was probably the last chance we would have to go before we start saving for this adoption process!). we went to germany 2 years ago to visit a friend who was stationed over there, we've been to vegas, on a cruise that went to grand cayman, belize, honduras.. went to the british virgin islands for our honeymoon... my parents have a beach house in the outer banks in north carolina, so we go there a lot...

haha, not to mention all the places i went with my parents even before i met mh :-)

• Ooh!  Now you're talking my language.  My husband and I love to travel, and are more willing to spend on that than just about anything.  I've been across most of the US, Canada, and Europe, and been to Egypt, Bermuda, Australia, New Zealand, central Chile, Patagonia (Chile and Argentina), and Peru.

I'd love for our next new place to be Tibet!  If we can't swing that, I'm considering Brazil, central Argentina, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, and Belize.

Pretty much, I'll go anywhere there are mountains and/or forests.  I'm not much of a beach person, but it's fun for a short stay.

• Loading the player...
  • Wow, I can't top the other posters!  Those are awesome places to see, I bet!

Last year, we went to Charleston, SC.  We loved it!  It's so friendly and southern and full of history.  It was a nice compromise because I love the beach and DH loves interesting things to see and do.

In our married life, we have also been to Florida three times (once to Disney), Gatlinburg, TN, the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC, and an Alaskan cruise.

• Our best trip was our honeymoon to the Dominican Republic. Smaller trips to NYC, Boston, DC, Maine, and Cape Cod are also a lot of fun.
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Our vacations are pretty lame compared to some.  I've traveled more than DH, mostly in Europe.  Since we've been married we've been to Jamaica, Bahamas, Cancun, and E.Europe (Czech Republic and Austria).  DH isn't exactly fun to travel with (he's wound REALLY tight and is convinced we are going to be involved in some kind of major international incident).  Once we get to our destination we have a blast, it's just the coming and going that makes him borderline unbearable.  It's funny how those things that used to be endearing are now annoying ;)

We were flying to Prague this summer and he was delirious from no sleep and kept telling people we were going to Frog.  One of my favorite memories of him. 

The only reason I could ever picture going to Europe with him again is if we would try to get pg again (we did our donor cycle in the Czech Republic).  After 3 trips to the Caribbean he has finally calmed down, and I think we could go to there again without a big blowup.  We're planning on taking DD to Florida to go to the beach and visit his mother next summer. 

• mostly to Colombia cuz DH has family there so the cost is do-able.  Went on one amazing trip to the Dominican and would love to go back.
  • Gosh, I'm embarrassed to write about our vacationing after reading all the others but we LOVE Vegas. We go once a year at least, we also go to Sunriver, OR every summer. It's a resort in Oregon that is just awesome, we love it there. We have also gone to San Fransisco and Disney.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We like to road trip or cruise. We did a lot more when we could afford it before we got our son.  I have only 3 states (Alaska, Montana and North Dakota) to hit and then I've been to all of them.  We plan to get to them sooner rather than later (my goal was by 40- adoption is changing some of our plans - like our cruise to Alaska last summer)

Right now we spend a lot of time at our family place in the Texas Hill Country.  It's nice, on the Guadalupe River, and very relaxing.

• We love Barbados, we got married there and spent our second anniversary there last year. We love cruises and I just love to travel anywhere! I have a bit of the wanderlust...I think that is part of the reason why we are so interested in IA and are pursuing it!

I love learning about places and experiencing cultures.

• Our all time favorite is Italy. We talk about going other places in Europe, but always end up there....it makes my heart sing just to think of it. Last summer, we did Maui, and for short trips, we like California wine country - either Paso Robles or Sonoma (Napa is just too commercial for us wine snobs now).
  • We like to go to different places.  Our favorite thing is wine, though, so we tend to vacation in areas that have wineries we can visit.  Our next vacation is Virginia Wine Country. We hope to go back to Sonoma, CA sometime too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• We go to Hilton Head Island, SC and Gatlinburg, TN.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Travel...I love it!!!  Before I started posting here, the Nest travel section was my favorite.

Both of us love to travel.  We are the geeky couple who are counting down the fifty states.  I have also been to five of the continenets and I am determined to make it to all seven.

This last year we went to Ireland and Northern Arizona (Grand Canyon and Sedona).   I went to Greece and he went to London (both compliments of my work needs).   Our favorite trip was to Eastern Africa....it was a dream and we can't wait to go back. I also really love Sweden, Germany, and Spain.  Our goal is to get back to Africa within five years and we'll probably take a post-adoption trip to Australia or New Zealand while the baby is still easily portable :)

A friend actually took her six month old to Australia and said it was a great time to travel with him.  He was content and small enough to hike with.  Australia was great since it's modern medicine and English-speaking. 

Oh ya, assuming we haven't received a match, we'll be going to Washington, DC for a seven days in April. Oddly, my history buff husband has never been.  I did some special schooling spread over two years in DC, and I love it.  We are both really jazzed!

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • DH loves New England and Ireland. I love California. But we pick other places too. We love to visit places we've never been.
  • imageAmy720:
    We go to Hilton Head Island, SC and Gatlinburg, TN.

amy - i lived on HHI for a short time and totally miss it.

I definitely haven't traveled as much as you girls! wow!

But my favorites have been to Greece, London and all over the US. I love the west coast and the Boston, NYC area too. Another favorite is New Orleans. I haven't been since Katrina, but i am hoping to go back with MH soon. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"