Cincinnati Babies

Stomach bug from Hell!

It has struck!  I left work Wednesday feeling nauseated and had some diarrhea.  Yesterday I was fine and then last night started feeling icky again.  Today - OMG...I know this is so TMI but I have had the worst case of diarrhea I've ever had in my life.  I honestly thought every bit of fluid had drained out of my body.  I'm trying to stay as hydrated as possible because the last thing I need right now is to go into pre-term labor from dehydration while my husband is in Mexico!

Is this thing going around or what?  I sure hope it's on it's way out (no pun intended Wink!

~Amanda
Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Stomach bug from Hell!

• It's been going around for a while.  I can't believe it's still making the rounds!  I'm sorry you feel so terrible!  We had it in our house twice.

I hope you feel better soon!!

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Hope you are feeling better soon!! They did a story on our news last night about how its the worst they have ever seen. They said its not associated with fever at all? Just horrible vomiting & diarrhea. I sure hope i don't catch it.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Both DD and I had that nasty bug two weeks ago.  It truly was the worst I have ever had.  DD lost over a pound that she has yet to gain back.  She had clears only for 5 days.  I can't believe it is still hanging around.  I feel for you.  Drink lots of fluid, and unfortunately, don't venture too far away from the loo.  I hope you feel better soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Oh, yuck! I hope you feel better soon!
  • I dont have a stomach bug right now, I have a cold/flu :(

Hope you feel better!?

• Oh Amanda, I am sorry to hear this!  Do you have some help with Lily while your DH is gone?  I hope you feel better soon!
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageAgathiP04:
    Oh Amanda, I am sorry to hear this!  Do you have some help with Lily while your DH is gone?  I hope you feel better soon!

Yes, thank God.  My Aunt came and got her this morning and my mother in-law had already planned to keep her tonight - I was supposed to have my last jewelry show before the baby comes but had to cancel, obviously. Sad

~Amanda
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I hate to say this...You don't think it's early labor, do you? I had the scoots before I went into labor.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • imageKristenBtobe:
    I hate to say this...You don't think it's early labor, do you? I had the scoots before I went into labor.

My gut says no...especially since it's starting to calm down now. Ha ha! No but seriously, that would just be my luck.  I have had a few contractions today but nothing too strong or regular.

~Amanda
  • UGH, OMG it is terrible isn't it? I had it last Friday I was throwing up every hour from 7pm until 2pm on Saturday then I was still getting sick every 2hrs until 6pm that night. I didn't fully recover until Thursday that next week. I really thought that I was going to die or something. It took all I had to even change Rylee's diaper for the next few days. I was spent.

I hope you get better soon and disinfect everything. DH gave it to me the day before V-DAY what fun!!

• (warning, this may be TMI).  OMG this was me last night.  I picked up Brandon at my MIL's and DH wanted to go out to eat.  We went to Carraba's.  On the way there I didn't feel well, but I thought it was just because I was starving.

Well... about 5 mins after we got to Carraba's, I went into the bathroom and up my stomach came.  Needless to say the lobster ravioli that I had a craving for is in my fridge untouched.  Once we got home last night (I seriously don't know HOW I drove myself home since DH and I both had our cars), I vomited more times than I know and I have NEVER EVER EVER felt that sick in my life.  I'd rather be in my last week of pregnancy again.  I'd rather have m/s again.  I'd rather have my appendix out again.  DH slept in the guest bedroom and quarantined me from Brandon.  I haven't pumped since 5 yesterday and my boobs are killing me but I could barely get off the bathroom floor let alone think about pumping.  I sincerely hope this bout of this stomach bug doesn't kill my supply.  I feel better now... not completely though... just achy and icky.  And unbelievably thirsty. 

How long does this thing last???? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"