Austin Babies
Options

I have serious mental issues.

I know this is going to sound absolutely insane.  But I have to get it out "in public" so that hopefully I'll stop thinking about it...

I love our CD and the experience thus far.  However, they are super bulky and every time DD is in one with clothes on top all I can seem to think about is how big her rear looks.  We were out this morning and I found myself thinking, "I hope people don't really think she's that big." 

I AM LOSING IT.  Seriously.  This is nuts.  I KNOW she's 16 months old and tiny ... and even if she wasn't it wouldn't be a big deal.  But WTF?

Seriously.  The battle in my head is never going to end I guess.  7 years past the beginning of my recovery and I still have to fight the "evil lilrunner" in my head some days.

Okay...it's out.  I feel better.

Re: I have serious mental issues.

• Options

Nah, you're not losing it =) As you've done so many times before - the first step is acknowledgeing that your thoughts purely perception and NOT reality. Putting it all down in a post makes it real and allows you to review you thoughts and know they're not true!

Good Job! And yes, CD give most babies a little extra junk in their trunk!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Its okay, we all have our mental issues :)

As long as you're not like my cousin who tells her 3 yo to suck in her big fat tummy...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Good for you for saying something. You're right, although the "battle" will get better, it's not likely to just go away and it's important that you are reminding yourself of that.

I looooove the look of fluffy cloth diapered bottoms and I think you'll get a smile (at least an inside smile) from moms who recognize those fluffy buns. 

Honestly, when we were first putting CDs on Jack, I would let them hang over the top just a tad for the same reason- I didn't want people to think that he was oddly shaped. So, it's not just you!

• Options
    imageali-1411:

As long as you're not like my cousin who tells her 3 yo to suck in her big fat tummy...

Indifferent 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks :-)  I would never say anything to DD.  That is one of the promises I made to myself when she was born.  I don't want this to get inherited in any way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"