Baby Showers

Can you help your mom plan your own shower?

My mom is not much of a planner, my aunts live far away, and my MIL lives over 1000 miles away. My BM did my bridal shower, but are so busy with graduation I don't want them to have to worry about this too (I know they would!). Is it okay to help your mom with your own?

Re: Can you help your mom plan your own shower?

• i think some people worry too much about things like this.. if it's what works for you guys, then i'd say yes, help her.. usually, you don't want the star of the day contributing money or anything like that, but i don't see you helping here and there being an issue.. it's your day for you and your baby! if she's short on help, you may as well if you can!
  • If she asks for your assistance, then yes. But be discreet about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think so. My shower is tomorrow and it is being held at my house so I am definitely "helping" my mom by having it there (otherwise, she'd have to rent someplace since she lives out of town). Also, I offered to do the favors as my way to thank the guests so she would have one less thing to worry about (and one less expense). I'm sure when she arrives to set up, I'll offer to help her if I can (although, I'm sure she probably won't want much of my help).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's absolutely fine!!  I'm helping with mine, in a matter of speaking.  She asked my input on the menu, which I helped with.  I'm also getting the thank you cards for her to pass out at the shower.  It's not like my name will be on the invitation as the hostess.
  • I don't see anything wrong with it.  I helped my mom plan mine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I talked to my mom a little bit about the shower about ideas for food that we wanted and a few other things. She was hosting it with my sisters so they all worked together and my MIL helped out also. I think she also got a few ideas about games from a friend of mine.
  • Thanks! It will probably be held at my house anyways because it has the most space, and it's free! I definitely wouldn't have my name on anything but I think it will be fun to help her. Thanks!
  • imageAshleyKass:
    I don't see anything wrong with it.  I helped my mom plan mine.
    Me too.  I even printed and mailed out the invitations.
  • I am (similar situation as you). I think if it's a matter of helping, rather than attempting a take-over, there's no issue. It's only when women plan everything themselves and then let someone else "host" that I have an issue. ?
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

• I helped my mom plan the whole thing.  I tend to be an over planner...

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• As long as it's "behind the scenes" and you aren't listed as a host, it's fine. The geusts don't need to know who did what!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"