Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Vent...Warning this is long.

Just a little background......I posted about 2 weeks ago about my m/c, and how I had to go to the Las Vegas ER b/c everything had not passed. The service there was HORRIBLE. After passing evreything DH and I requested testing. They assured us that this would happen and told us the results would be in by the time we got back home so that my ob/gyn could request them be sent over.

My ob/gyn's office, and my self have been stalking their medical records department for these results. Finally yesterday 2/26 they advised us to call the lab and see what the hold up was. We call the lab and after searching their databases for what seemed like eternity they transferred us to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor tells us that she can't find any records of me, nor can she find any lab request on my behalf.

I called the hospital back and after getting the run around I spoke with the Director of Emergency and the Director of Nureses. They look in my chart and also can't find any lab/test request. They go and talk to my bedside nurse, and she admits that she remembers me, and she remembers bagging my "product of conception" (thats what they keep referring to my baby as) for testing, but she can't remember what happened after that.

Long story short, they can not account for what happened after I was discharged. There final response was "sorry, we guess it was disposed of".

What should I do next, I am so f**cking pissed.

Re: Vent...Warning this is long.

• I am so, so sorry that this happened to you, on top of everything else. I agree with pp, I think your best bet is a letter writing campaign. I also would not be above going in to the hospital, finding that woman, and telling her in very specific detail how pissed you are and possibly resorting to physical violence. Hey, it's illegal, but it might make you feel better :) Hugs to you.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • OMG...I am so sorry!  I know how angry you must be!  I think the letter is a good idea, and in the letter demanding some sort of response.  I am so sorry!
    BFP #1 3/99. DD born 12/24/99 BFP#2 8/2008. Missed miscarriage found at 11 weeks, Emergency D&C 10/31/08 BFP #3 1/29/09 Natural miscarriage 2/14 BFP#4 4/24 DD born 12/14/09 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This sucks... I know it may be the wrong thing to say, but I suggest that you write EVERYTHING down, and when your bill arrives (cause they never seem to lose that information) tell them that you won't pay for tests that they lost or can't proved that you had done!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePurpleK26:
    tell them that you won't pay for tests that they lost or can't proved that you had done!

Hahaha, best advice ever. I can't believe they 'accidentally disposed' of your baby. Sounds like they also accidentaly disposed of their brain. I'm so sorry you're going through this!?

• first if anyone is trying to make you pay for any of this testing i would not pay - absolutely not.

second - i think i would just try my best to move on, nothing you do is going to find your "product" (such a douchey thing to call it - medical jerks) and so i think it would be best to move on instead of upsetting yourself further.  it seems nothing is going to fix the situation.  and although it may be nice to try and do something so that they put better protocol in place so that noone else would go through the same thing i think you should focus on your own healing.  eff them and their human error...it is hard to change that.

best wishes xox

• I remember your post as well. I wonder if there's any legal recourse? I'm so sorry :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"