North Carolina Babies
Options

Standing in the crib help

How did you handle this?  He doesn't know how to lay back down, so I've just been going in, laying him back down, soothing for a few seconds and leaving.  He's waking a few times a night to stand up, and now we are reaching a crisis with his naps.  He just stands almost as soon as I leave, and I think he's doing it because he knows I'll come back in when he does.  I can't not go back in though, since he can't lay back down on his own.

Those who taught your babies how to lay down, how did you do it?

Tell me this is just a novelty/phase that will quit being so much fun for him in a few days! :)  He's just finally falling asleep for his 12:00 nap right now, he stood and screamed for a good half an hour - I had to lay him down about 5 times.

I'm so bummed for him, because DH comes home at 12:30 to spend lunch with him, and now he'll miss him since it took him so long to fall asleep.  Oh well, at least he is finally almost asleep! :)

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Standing in the crib help

• Options
    DH taught DD when she did that. ?He went back in, bent her knees and sat her down and then positioned her into laying. ?It took a few times, but we only had the phase you are describing for about 3 days - she learned quickly and once I knew she knew how to get down, I didn't go back in.
  • Options
    I've also heard (from SalisburyBride I think) that if you sit down in the floor, they'll want to come down to your level and will learn to get down.  I fortunately didn't have this problem, but that's what I planned on trying if we did. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrsmikey:
    I've also heard (from SalisburyBride I think) that if you sit down in the floor, they'll want to come down to your level and will learn to get down.  

I'd try not to do this... I feel like then you will have to get him used to settling down without you in the room.

We just let dd work this one out. I'd go in about every 5 minutes and lay her down. I wouldn't stay to comfort her b/c we didn't do that when she was fussing normally. I wouldn't really make eye contact or say anything... just go in and lay her down. It lasted a few days.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"